I start choking on my words and calm myself down. I'm not going to cry in front of guys.

I'll be more pathetic than I already am.

I look up to the ceiling to keep the tears from coming down and breathe out.

"She kept telling me it was only a one-time thing and that it would never happen again. I believed it was too. I believed that this wasn't going to be happening again. But it did. At least five hundred more times," I emphasize on the 500 part, that catches Ryder's attention.

I might be a little petty, just a little.

I continue, "I don't really blame Charlotte for any of it. I mean she didn't know I was going to end up being addicted to it, no one did."

"What we're you trying to cope from?" asks Ryder sitting up. He leans on his knees and his hands hang in the front.

"You don't have to say if you don't want to, Ana," says Gio reassuring me.

I should tell them maybe they'll understand more.

I shake my head and say, "It's fine. I should talk about it, honestly. It's been a while since I've talked about it out loud."

I sit up straight and straighten my dress out.

They're gonna think I'm even more pathetic. They're gonna put everything together and think"oh that makes sense why she turned out like this."

"When I was 15, my father passed away."

All their faces immediately turning into shock, then sympathy. Not pity. Sympathy.

~~

Flashback 3 years ago.

"Bye, dad! I love you too," I get out of the car and make my way towards the school building.

It's mid-winter and there's ice all over the ground. It snowed a couple of days ago. Dad and I built a snowman and had a snowball fight. Mom joined in later after Dad convinced her.

I turn around and wave at him one last time before entering the school building.

I make my way towards my group of friends by their lockers. Grace runs up to me and enfolding me into a bear hug.

"I missed you so much, Lia!" she says screaming it.

"It's 8 in the morning, Grace. Be quiet," I say rolling my eyes.

She freezes.

"I missed you too, Grace," I give her a smile and her smile reappears on her face. She grabs my wrist and pulls me to her friends.

They're not really my friends. I just hang out with them cause Grace hangs out with them.

"Look who's here!" says Grace showcasing me to her friend.

"Hey," says one of the guys, named Chase, not lifting his eyes from the phone.

"Hey little one," Logan rests his arm on top of my head.