Chapter 35 - Jealous

Start from the beginning

When i got home i thought it would be a good idea to do some work for about an hour, considering i had taken a week off school. I didn't want to get behind again, so i had been emailing teachers about catchup work i needed to do, making sure i stayed on top of everything. 

I was surprised to see a text on my phone from Ryan a few minutes ago, asking if i felt better, considering he was with Gaby. I didn't think he'd want to text me when he was around her.

When i text him back that i was, he told me he was having a bonfire round his house tomorrow and that i should come. 

I put the phone down, considering if i felt like it or not whilst i finished some more work. 

I did like Ryan and his group of friends, but there was something about Gaby that made me uncomfortable, and i knew she would be there. 

--------------------------

The next day I decided I would go to Ryan's after dance practice, just because I realised that there really wasn't anything wrong with Gaby, and she could be easily avoided. 

Sarah was going too, which made me feel slightly better as I could use her to help me stay away from Jake. 

Things were not awkward between us at all anymore, but i still didn't want to risk accidentally kissing him again considering thats what happened last time we were by a bonfire at Ryan's house. 

Later that day I went to dance practice for the first time in forever. It was such a stress release, dancing and catching up with all the girls. 

Ellie asked about Ryan again, asking if things had progressed. Ever since the day the girls had all met Ryan when he was still having his dance lessons they had not stopped asking me about him every time they saw him. 

'He is just beautiful' one of the girls sighed dreamily as me and Ellie spoke. 

I scoffed. 'He's hardly dreamy' 

Ellie raised an eyebrow at me. 'Come on Kara, you may claim not to be attracted to him in that kind of way but you must recognise his dreaminess' she giggled. 

I didn't answer, knowing better than to do so as any reply i gave would instantly be shot down by all the girls. 

Once dance was over I headed home to have a quick shower, have a snack and put on some comfier clothes. 

Sarah was already there, and texting me that Gaby wasn't there. 

I was slightly relieved, knowing that i would be able to be a bit more relaxed. I know she must have recognised me yesterday when she picked her sister up and chosen to ignore me. 

I just had no clue why. 

When I arrived I parked up, shoving my keys in my pocket as I walked up the pathway and pulling my coat around me as i realised just how cold it was tonight. 

The door was already perched open, so I just walked in and through the house to the Garden. Everyone was sitting around the fire, huddled together eating marshmallows they were cooking over the fire. 

They all said hey as i walked over, finding a free spot and taking a seat. The only person who wasn't outside was Ryan.

'He's just getting more marshmallows' Jake told me, reading my mind as he shoved a marshmallow into his mouth.

Just then, as if on cue, Ryan came through the double doors that led into his garden carrying a massive bag of marshmallows. He grinned when he saw me, walking over and sitting next to me in the only free seat left.