Chapter Twenty Seven

BOYS MAKING WHOOSHING AND GRUNTING SOUNDS.

You and Bucky both wake with a start, eyes flashing open as you turn to see Sarah's boys play fighting with the shield. A heartbreakingly gorgeous smile appears on his lips as you tilt your head, still laying on his chest, to get a better look at your morning view. 

"Hey!" Bucky waves a hand and smirks at the boys quickly put the shield away and run off, being caught. 

"They're sweet kids..." you mutter nestling back down to comfy as the sun starts to rise though the window, Bucky plays with you hair. You peak into his mind, unable to help yourself, he doesn't notice. 

"So, you ready for another day on the boat?" Bucky looks down at you. 

"Erm, you know actually, I'm not feeling super great today....start without me?" You sit up pulling a sad face. 

"Shit, you alright?" He sits up too, looking concerned. 

"Yeah... headache... I just need a moment ..." you give him a small smile. 

"Well I'll stay with you..." 

"Sam needs your help ... go ... I'll be ok" You kiss his hand. Bucky hesitantly stands, kissing the top of your head before he freshens up and joins Sam.

. . . WITH BUCKY AND SAM. . . 

"Push the stopper."

"Oh, in there."

"Thanks."

"Yep."

"No Y/N this morning?" Sam looks up at Bucky's miserable face. 

"She's not well..." 

"Why does that sound like a question not a statement...?" Sam stops what he's doing and looks at the 106 year old. 

"I don't know Sam something is off... " he sighs. 

"Give her time, she'll talk to you..." 

"I hope so...." 

. . . END OF SAM AND BUCKY POV . . . 

"Hi Sarah..." you smile as you pop round the corner seeing Sarah looking though some files. 

"Hi Y/N, you alright?" She looks at you concerned. 

"Can I ask you something... you don't have to answer..." You bite your lip. 

"Ask away... " a warm sunshine smile washes over her as she pulls out a chair for you. 

"How did you know, that you'd make a brilliant mum?" You see her shock at the question. "sorry I shouldn't have asked you barely know me..." you go to stand but she stops you, a gentle hand on yours. You sit back down. 

"Y/N... I have heard nothing but great things about you from Sam... I feel like I know you well enough..." she smiles "and as for being a good mother, well I didn't I just hoped.." she shrugs, pouring you a coffee from the coffee pot and handing it to you. 

"Thanks...and really?" 

"Yes, I still don't know if I'm doing it right but I'm doing my best.." 

"You look like you're doing it right.." you smile briefly looking at the shield before you turn back. 

"What makes you ask?" 

"I ... saw ... this morning what Bucky was thinking... when your boys were playing with the shield he was so happy, remembering him and Steve being kids and then his mind...it wondered to him , us having out own... you know eventually." 

"And that scares you?" Sarah asks carefully. 

"A little..."

"Any reason why?" 

"Two spring to mind... one I don't know if I'll make a very good mother... and two... well the twins."

"Twins..?" 

"Bucky and I...when we were in Hydra we had twins ... but..." You struggle to finish.

"Oh my god y/n I'm so sorry..." Sarah leans over and gives you a hug.

"A boy and a girl..." you sob into her shoulder. 

"Oh you poor thing.."

"I don't know what to do..." after a few minutes of holding you Sarah moves back. 

"You don't need to do anything, things are still new for the two of you, just because he's seeing a future with you doesn't mean you have to do things right now... you wait...until you're both ready." She rubs your shoulder. 

"I guess so... I'm sorry I got so worked up."

"Don't be ... I'm here if you need a friend ..." 

"Thank you Sarah." you smile warmly. 

"Now shower up, I think the boys are training later and I heard something about home..." she motions to you. 

"Ah yes well... can't take up your couch forever.. you smile ... I'll go get ready... thanks again Sarah" you look at her fondly as you clean up and put on fresh clothes and make-up. 

. . . 

You step out of the blue portal near where Sarah said they would be, bag slung on your shoulder. As you walk over you can't help but smile, Doctor Raynor would have a field day with this.

"and I'll be there. Not necessarily as a team." Bucky picks up his bags,

"Nope." Sam pulls a face shaking his head. 

"We're not that good."

"Definitely not."

"We're professionals." Bucky points out.

"Definitely."

"And, uh, we're partners."

"Co-workers." Sam corrects

"But we're also a couple of guys with a mutual friend."

"Friend's now gone."

"So you're just a couple of guys." You pop up behind them.

"Ah here comes trouble" Sams smile widens as you approach. 

"I thought you were a team though... Pigeon Boy and the White Puppy..." You do a superman style pose earning an eye roll from both men and a chuckle. 

"Thanks for the help, man. Meant a lot." They man hug 

"Of course."

"Come here you.." Sam gives you a hug "if shit goes down, you come get me ok?" He looks at you. 

"You got it boss...." you salute as you walk away with Bucky then you turn around "by the way, the shield suits you Sam..." and with that you and Bucky disappear though a portal hand in hand.