Chapter Nine

You awake to find yourself in a white and grey, beautifully clean and well designed medical bay. Sitting sharply upwards you notice you're in a locked room, but your hands are free from the restraints, you feel you neck breathing a huge sigh of relief. Although believing if whoever saved you took you too a medical facility and took of your restraints musts be the good guys, you still felt cautious about who to trust... then the thought hits you... Bucky!

Looking down at your bandaged wrists you begin to create a portal, a blue mist beings to grow, it was working. Taking out any tubes and monitors you freed yourself up before using a portal to appear on the other side of the lock door. Tiptoeing in your hospital gown and you silently, like the assassin you are follow the corridors towards the sound of voices. 

"You sure about this?" You hear the voice of Steve Rogers ask.

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing . . . for everybody." You heart flutters as you hear Bucky's voice, a slight smile in there you feel. You flinch backwards as you hear someone leave the room and stand by the window... you wait till its quiets then inch forward and listen. 

"Thank you for this." 

 "Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..." T'Challa voice joins Steves. Do what? You inch a little forward hoping to get a better view but you can't see in the room.

"You know, If they find out he's here . . . they'll come for him." Steves words send shivers up your spine as you stand ridged.

"Let them try." T'Challa smiles with confidence "plus I don't think its just us they'd have to get past." He looks behind Steve who follows his gaze, they spot you. 

"Y/N is it?" 

"Yes..." You slowly come out from where you were hidden "where is the so.... where is Bucky?" 

Steve makes a surprised face then a soft warm one as you correct yourself with Bucky's name.

"He's being treated, hopefully we can free him of Hydra as we will you...Come" T'Challa motions for you to come forward... you're about to correct him saying their isn't anything in your head when you see him... your precious Bucky in cryo-freeze...again. 

"No..." you whisper as you put your hand to the window, a tear forming from your eyes. 

"Are you ok?" Steve asks walking closer.

"No you can't, not in there no...." you start to hyperventilate. 

"Y/N what's wrong? He's safe?" Steve and T'Challa exchange looks. 

"You said you were helping him?? Why is he in there? Thats what they did! They said it was good but it made it worse!!!" You spin round to face them. 

"It will help him... " 

"No you can't, get him out!" 

Steve walks over to console you..." We aren't Hydra Y/N and I promise, he wanted to go in" He reassures you slowly as you look up at him under wet eyelids. 

"It will help get whatever is in your head out too..." Your eyes widen in horror. 

"No! You're not putting me in there!" You back up against the wall. "Theres nothing in my head!" 

"Y/N" Steve tries to reach for you again but you begin to back away. 

"No... no I won't do it again I won't!" 

"Its for your own good!"

"I... I .... " You look though the window at Bucky, peaceful, still, handsome. 

"You look after him..." Your lips tremble. 

"Y/N don't" 

"Protect him" you say softly towards T'Challa before you disappear in a puff of blue smoke.