Chapter Twenty-Three

-Present Day: tfatws - 

As you all gather round, Sharon handing out earpieces you get the feeling someones watching you. 

"With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving." Sharon almost senses your suspicion "all right. He's in there. Container four-two-six-one. I'll watch while you guys talk to Nagel. But hurry. We're on borrowed time." and with that she disappears on look out.

You push the door of the container open, yours and Bucky's guns at the ready, Sam and Zemo taking the less defensive approach.

"Hey, Sharon. You sure this is the right one? It's completely empty." Sam says though the comms as you all look around.

"Positive. It has to be."

"Here" you motion to a part of the wall with a breeze, with Zemo's help you open it.  "Ha. I am so good, you need to catch up bird boy" you wink at Sam. 

"Maybe I would be more on my game if I didn't have to listen too two enhanced assholes have sex all night.." he pulls a face. 

"Eight times, at least" Zemo joins in with the look Sam has got. 

"Well what can I say..." You shrug.

"I think we should say less in front of people." Bucky's inner 40s comes out. 

"Then be less loud..." Sam flares his nostrils at Bucky who sees you smirking and can't help but join in, your smile was infectious. As you continue to walk in a song can be heard faintly, it gets louder as you walk closer. You see a man sat at a lab, working on something singing along... you walk up behind him 

♪ Arms... ♪

"Boo" 

The scientist gasps as you portal him into a chair far away from his desk.  

"Dr. Nagel?" Sam asks calmly.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"We know you created the super-soldier serum." 

"Get out of my lab." he tries to stand.

"Hey!" you raise a gun at him.

"You know who she is, right and him?" Sam point at Bucky who moves into his side view, a gun aimed at his head he looks like he's about to shit himself but Sam continues. "This is Baron Zemo. I know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy. So you better become conversational real quick."

"How about a counter proposal? Make me a better offer and I'll talk."

"This guy..." you roll your eyes at his fake confidence. 

"Guys, we have company." You all exchange quick glances as you hear Sharon though the comms.  "Every bounty hunter in the city is here. We gotta go!"

You nod at Bucky who cocks his gun and pushes it into Nagel's head.

"Okay. Okay.." he puts his hand up in surrender "... I was brought into HYDRA's Winter Soldier program to pick up their work after the five failed test subjects in Siberia. When HYDRA fell, I was recruited by the CIA. They had blood samples from an American test subject with semi-stable traces of serum in his system. After much labor, I was able to isolate the necessary compounds in his blood. I was a god. I did what no other scientist since Erskine was able to do. But mine was going to be different. No clunky machines or jacked up bodies. Mine was going to be subtle, optimised, perfect."

"How have we never heard about this?" Sam looks astonished and angry.

"Because... Before I was able to complete my work, I turned to dust. Then when I returned, it was five years later, program had been abandoned, so I came here. The Power Broker was more than happy to fund the recreation of my work."