Chapter Seven

You're sat in the secure room listening intently as you hear voices coming from down the corridor. You look up at Zemo who hears it too, putting down the book he pokes his head through the window to get a better listen and view for when they come in. You try to use your powers but the zap from the braclettes and neck strap is painfully and you cry out, the sound muffled by the gag in your mouth...

"Shush" Zemo glares at you before looking back though the door. 

You ready? Steve asks Bucky.

"Yeah." The sound of the metal double doors parting , forced open by Iron Man, causes Bucky and Steve to stares in surprise lifting their defence up. Tony walks towards Steve and Bucky and retracts the suit's helmet.

"You seem a little defensive." he makes a deadpan joke. Bucky keeps his gun up while Steve walks to meet Tony with his shield covering his body.

"It's been a long day." 

"At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you." he wafts Steves concerns away walking closer.
"Then why are you here?"

"Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve relaxes at Tonys humour and lowers his shield. "It's good to see you, Tony."

"You too, Cap. " He looks over at Bucky who's gun is still lifted. "Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop . . . " Steve signs Bucky to lower his weapon and he does. As the three of them cautiously walk along a corridor, closer to Zemo's trap none notice T'Challa in his Black Panther Suit hiding around a corner, watching them.

"I got heat signatures." Tony's suit informs him.

"How many?" Steve prepares for the worst. 

 "Uh, two" They look towards each other a little confused. As they enter the vast chamber the lights come on. Hazy, yellow mist descends within the capsules. As well as Josef, each one contains an enhanced soldier from the 1991 experiment. Steve and the others look around, bewildered.

 On speaker:  "If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." Zemo announces as they look around, Bucky stares as Josef's corpse.  "Did you really think I wanted more of you?"

"What the hell?" Bucky almost snarls even more worried about what his actual plan is.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here." Zemo goes closer to the window so that the three men can see him properly. Steve hurls his shield but it flies back. "Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

"I'm betting I could beat that." Tony remarks confidently. 

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came." Zemo makes a wise crack... you mumble the muffled sound of your scream is heard through the speaker... the three men look at each other again. 

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Black Panther watches from the shadows. Steve looks at Zemo through a window getting closer to him, trying to see inside. 

 "I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized . . . there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw." You rolled your eyes at Zemo's eccentric nature. 

 "You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve ponders, hearing his accent. 

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise." Anger flaring slightly in his cool collected facade.