Chapter Twenty Two

- Present Day: TFATWS -

"He's just through that corridor." The guard informs the three of you as you walk though the prion halls. 

"Give us a sec." Bucky asks the guard before he tuns to you and Sam. "I'm gonna go in alone."

"Why?"  "No" You and Sam say in sync, you give him a look as if to say wtf?

"You're an Avenger. You know how he feels about that." Bucky reasons with Sam first. 

"It's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together." Retorts Sam.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me. I got it." 

"You do know you can leave me here, and I will just portal in right?" You eye him. 

"Fine you can come..." he rolls his eyes and you skip head happy. 

"You've gone soft." 

"Shut it Sam..." he says as he walks off, a huge bemused grin on the Avengers face. 

As you enter, walking up to the glass, Zemo stand and starts speaking Russian "Longing Rusted Seventeen.."

"Those days are over." Bucky replies calmly in English. 

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words. Something is still in there....At least you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment." 

"That time wasn't exactly a picnic."

"Can I hit him?" You look up at Bucky arms folded as you glare at Zemo.

"Ah Y/N, always a pleasure." You stick your tongue out at him. 

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry both of you. It was never personal. You were simply a means to a necessary end."

"Hmm..." 

"Someone recreated the super-soldier serum. I need to find out who." Bucky get the conversation back on track. Zemo looks up at Bucky then with utter astonishment, anger and something else you couldn't quite read.

"You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate." He starts to calm himself. Your fists tightens and Bucky grabs your hand, calming you down. Zemo clocks the motion but doesn't give away he's seen it.

"Luckily for you, I know where to begin."

. . . 

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail? Where are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?" Sam is yelling as you all walk into an abandoned car garage or so you assume. Trying to find the lights you all look about until Bucky clicks them on. 

 "We have no leads, no moves, nothing."

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars."

"We also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose." You pipe up. 

"Who's side are you on?" Sam looks at you both "Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours." He points at Bucky "No offence."

"Offence." Bucky gives Sam a look. 

"Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code." You feel another death stare from Sam.