Chapter Fifteen

As you pull up towards his house, you notice Tony noticing the car, a little girl running into the house. As you all get out of the car, Tony sighs, looking as if he really isn't going to enjoy the discussion that's about to take place.

. . .

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Scott breathlessly explains the plan you'd come up with based on his adventure in the quantum realm. 

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?"

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" He lifts a brow, but you all look puzzled. Tony pours everyone a drink. 

"Thanks" 

"hmm" He doesn't look at you, he was still techy around you, especially after all he said before he left the compound. "In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Tony turned his attention to Nat and Steve.

"I did." Scott points out.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?"

"A time heist?" He discreetly bumps fists with you.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" 

"The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them." You say but it sound more like a question.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back." Nat backs you up.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" He looks between you both.

"I don't believe we would." Steve says, his stoic voice giving you some hope as Tony shit on your ideas.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -" 

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?"

"No." 

"Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works."

"Tony... We have to take a stand." Nat tries to encourage him.

 "We did stand. And yet, here we are."

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did." Scotts voice gets louder as he tries to sell his desperation to Tony. "And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even..."

"That's right, Scott, I won't even. I got a kid." As if on cue,  his daughter Morgan runs in and sits on Tony laps.

"Mommy told me to come and save you... I like her hair" she whispers to her dad pointing at you. 

"I like yours too" you smile, catching a glimpse of Tonys face, it's softer than you expected. 

"Good job. I'm saved." Tony kisses his daughter on the check and stands up with her in his arms. then turns to face Cap, Nat and Scott. "I wish you'd come here to ask me something else...Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for seven."