Chapter Eleven

"Another great mission Agent, we're lucky to have you." Nat claps you on the back happily as you walk out the debriefing room and though the SHEILD headquarters. 

"Thanks Nat, I appreciate everything you've done for me this past year... I don't know what I'd have done without you." 

"Its all you Y/N"

You keep walking until you see a car pull up, Happy sticks his head out the window.

"Tony needs everyone asap, something about a Wizard, Stones and a Thanos..." he shrugs as you and Nat smile at each other curious and jump in the car. As you drove to the compound you started to get nervous, it was probably the first time in your life you'd ever felt the feeling. Wringing your hands together you think about all that has transpired so far. Escaping Hydra, realising you were on the wrong side, trying and failing to recuse Bucky, the treatment from SHEILD, and having Nat become your guide and mentor you suddenly felt like a real human again. You had freedom, independence, a job you got paid for and as a bonus there was not toucher. You weren't locked in a cage, you had your own apartment near the compound.... obviously installed with FRIDAY so Tony and the rest of the Avengers could keep and eye on you but still... it was just as much protection as it was to check you didn't fly off the handle, you were still a little nutty. 

"You're going to be fine, everyone thinks you're great." Nat gave you a look to stop you playing with your hands. Almost everyone had come to see you, to train with you, to go on missions with you and even to help you move in and set up your new life and a fake identity to use until someone revealed you were with the Avengers. Everyone except Bucky, you hadn't seen your handsome soldier since you'd been taken away over a year ago. Everyone had told you it was because he was in between Wakanda and house arrest... his pardon and the details of that had only just been worked out but something in your heart worried he was just avoiding you. You understood that although you loved him, and to you it was the only good thing to come out of Hydra, whether he be Bucky or the Winter Solider or both, to him you were probably just a reminder of his dark and painful past. 

"I'm sure he'll be happy to see you, to see how far you've come..." Nat almost reads your mind as you approach the car park. 

"I hope so..." You whisper looking up at the vast building. 

"Natasha, Y/N" Steve greeted you warmly. You walked over, in more normal civilian clothing than you had previously dressed in, you hair still chaotic but it was something people loved about you. 

"Whats the situation?" Nat asks as the three of you walk up towards the entrance. 

"Not good" is all he said, the tone in his voice made your heart drop. Making your way though the building you meet up with Sam, Rhodey, Wanda, Vision and Tony's newest recruit Peter Parker who all greet you warmly too. 

"Don't think we're all going to fit in the lift.." Peter looks at the group awkwardly. 

"What floor?" You ask casually.

"3rd... the meeting room.." he answers giving you a look, he had met you but not actually seen your powers yet. 

"Watch this..." you wink creating a large portal in Tesseract blue... "after you.." you gesture for the young kid to walk though... he does so reluctantly but when he find himself on the 3rd floor you hear an astounded 'woah' from the other end of the portal. 

"Show off..." Sam says playfully as he walks to the front of the group and heads though, followed by everyone else then as you walk in yourself you close it. 

"Ah team.... Jesus how did you all fit in the lift?" Tony turns round surprised as you all walk in. 

"It was so cool, Y/N made this blue hole thing and we walked though and we ended up here..." Peter replies excitedly pointing at you.