3. Mouth

Macey's POV

"She's coming." Mav said and I looked at the entrance seeing the angelic face I soon would love to be fond of.

"I'm sitting with her back there. Come or don't." I said to Maven and she stood and came with me.

"May we sit?" I asked politely as she looked up at me. Her gaze was soft. No fear, no shock, no confusion. All of it was gentle, relaxed. I made sure to ease up as well.

"Sure." She whispered and I smiled sitting to her left as Mav sat to her right.

"You look very pretty today." Maven said moving hair out of her face.

"Thank you." She said and the teacher would be late today it was written on the board so it gave a chance for us to talk more.

"How was English?" I asked her and she looked at me slightly before avoiding my eyes.

"Good. We have to write a paper due tomorrow and I'm almost done with my outline." She said and I smiled.

"What's it about?" I asked and she smiled softly to herself.

"How do you decide the right things? Make correct judgments about people or choices?" She said and I hummed enjoying all the words she spoke.

"Favorite color?" Mav asked and she thought. While she did I placed my hand on the back of her chair and let it relax there.

"Dark red." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's pretty. I think it's just calming. Nothing crazy but bright enough to be noticeable." She said and I nodded.

"What's yours?" She asked looking between my sister and I.

"Mines pinkish red." Mav said and I smiled.

"Why?" She asked. So curious.

"Because when I first saw you blush that was the shade. Call it cheesy." She said and Katie tried hiding a smile in poor efforts before turning to me.

"Yours?"

"The color of your eyes." I said and I meant it. They looked so deep for being brown. It was just brown. No highlights. And with her blonde hair it made her innocent look enhance.

"Shit brown?" She asked and I grabbed her hair with the hand that was on the chair and turned her to face me.

"Don't speak of your eyes like that. Besides I like them." I said and released her as red spreaded through her face.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and I massaged her scalp softly afterward.

"Good girl." I hummed and she almost purred under my touch. Such a strange thing she is.

"Sorry a meeting ran a little longer than I'd like but I'm here." The teacher said and I expected Katie to jump or move or something but she just sat there letting me massage her head. I lean back and Mav smiled at me. I wiggled my eyebrows and looked back at Katie. I would do this the whole class if she let me.

She did. While she worked she didn't move away or anything she just let me touch her head and hair.

She bent down and pulled a ponytail from her bag.

"I'll get it. Bun or pony?" Mav asked standing.

"Oh Uhm do whatever." She said and I smiled moving my hand.

Mav pulled her hair up and smoothed the bumps as she wrapped her hair around a few times creating a cute blonde bun. Mav pulled in places making it look effortlessly beautiful and I pushed her chair out and facing me so I pulled out baby hairs by her ears and some naturally fell from her forehead.