Chapter 4 "Getting to know you"

*Mi Jin's POV*

I was walking back home from school, but saw a familiar face sitting on a bench. I then realised it was Jungkook. He turned his head around and saw me, he smiled and walked up to me. I walked towards him and waved while I was walking.

"Hey." He said while flashing a smile.

"Oh hey." I say back. "What were you doing sitting alone?"

"Oh, I was just thinking" He answered.

"About what?" I ask.

He looked at me then smiled, "I felt like having a walk in the park. Care to join me?"

I started to blush, I don't know why, I nodded and we headed off to the park. The weather was nice and it was sunny, we talked and I learnt some interesting things about him. We took a seat on a table in the park.

"Can I ask you something Jungkook?"

"Ask away." He said while smiling.

"Why did you come back to Chanja High school?"

He looked at me for a second then on the table. I looked at him...I shouldn't of said that.

"You don't need to tell me...you..kn--"

"No it's fine, I'll tell you." He looked up at me and smiled.

I smiled back and then he started to talk.

"I left school in the first 2 months we came back from summer vacation."

"Why'd you leave?" I ask out of curiosity.

"..I was getting to that."

"Oh right, continue"

"An incident happened and I locked my self in my room for days, then it turned into weeks then into months...The day before I left school, my father got into an accident and he puntured his lung. His lung was slowly filling up with blood and the doctors tried everything but then he just gave up...My father was the only person who truly understood and trusted me...I guess I could call my dad a hero. And it was so hard to go back to school because they kept on bringing up my father's death  and asking me questions. So I just left and stayed in my room."

I didn't realise tears were coming down my cheeks until I felt a tear drop on my hand. I wiped away my tears and tried to not cry. Jungkook saw me crying and reached out for my hand. He held it and wiped my tears with his thumb. He smiled at me and for some reason that made me smile.

 He smiled at me and for some reason that made me smile

"Please don't cry Mi Jin." He said while looking deep into my eyes.

"Sorry, it's just, I know how you feel Jungkook."

"You do?"

"Ne..my mother died when I was 5 years old. First my father told me that she was just at my aunty's house staying the night. Of course at 5 you would believe it but then after a few days I asked again and he finally showed me her grave. My father never told why she died, and he still hasn't. He barely talks about my mother because when he does his voice breaks and he becomes depressed."

"Oh, wow. I n-never knew" Jungkook said while still holding my hand.

"It's fine, not a lot of people know. But I don't know how Sunja knows about my mother.."

"Do you think anybody told her?"

"No, I mean the only people that know are Shinyoo, this classmate of mine and you. Really."

"Do you think any of them told Sunja?" Jungkook told me and my eyes widened.

"Uh..um..I hope not." I said while looking at the floor.

*Jungkook's POV*

I didn't want to talk about Mi Jin's mother any more because I saw that she was upset. So I asked her if she wanted to go on the swings. She immediately smiled and ran towards the swing and I followed her. She sat down and I pushed her, she laughed a few times and I felt my heart beating faster. Get it together Jungkook. We stopped playing on the swings and went to the little pond where little kids were playing and their mothers watching them. I looked at Mi Jin and saw her smiling at the little kids. She's like an angel, she's so bright, even due to her mother's death. I don't know how she's happy all the time. Then I felt her hand on mine and she held it. She smiled at me and I felt my cheeks turning red.

"It's getting late" She said while still holding my hand.

"Yeah, come on let's go home."

We walked hand in hand towards her house and I felt her head on my shoulder. We locked fingers and I saw her eyes getting sleepy. We finally reached her house and we stopped in front of the door.

"So, I stop here" She said while giving a small laugh.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." I say while smiling at her.

"Goodnight Kookie."

I smiled at her and waved while walking back home. Ugh, why do I feel like this.

------------------------------------

HIIIII. HOPE YOU LIKED THIS ONE. TRIED TO MAKE THIS ...NICE? I DUNNO. HOPE YOU ENJOYED. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS JUST TELL ME. I'LL BE UPDATING SOON.