Chapter 5

"It feels really weird...we just meet a few times...and I already let you driving me around...searching for an apartment...", Sooji wonders. Why does she let her guards down so easily around this man?

"Because we coincidentally need the same thing...a new apartment...", Shihyun explains. Obviously lying about the part where he said need new apartment. They both are in Shihyun's car now. On the way to the first apartment building that Sooji wanted to check. "But why is it so weird? Did I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"No...it's the opposite actually...", Sooji glances at Shihyun. He has a great side profile. That sharp jaw. Slanted eyes. He doesn't look friendly at all. But somehow make her feel safe. "For a stranger...you make me feel too comfortable...", Sooji says honestly.

"Stranger?", that word hurts.

"Yep...I don't know your birthday...how old are you... who are your parents...do you have any siblings...your hobby...your weird habit...I know nothing about you besides your name...", Sooji shrugs.

"My birthday is July 12th...I am 31 this year...my Dad is Kwon Seok Woo...my mom died when I was in high school...I don't have any siblings...my hobby is drawing...my weird habit...someone told me that I look stupid when I eat...", Shihyun smiles. "So we're not strangers anymore now..."

"I am sorry...about your mom..."

"It's okay...thankfully I wasn't alone at that time...", Shihyun looks at Sooji. "I have someone who stayed by my side in my hardest time..."

Sooji smiles. "Having someone like that is a blessing..."

"Yes...I was lucky...", Shihyun says bitterly.

Sooji noticed that. She thought Shihyun must be sad talking about his late mother. "By the way...I disagree with someone who said you look stupid when you eat...", she tried to change the subject.

"Really?"

"Yeah...you don't look stupid...just a bit silly...", Sooji grins.

Shihyun smiles. Feeling that there's still a bit of hope for him. She's still Sooji that he knew. "So...we're friends now, aren't we?"

"I'll think about it...", Sooji says teasingly.

=============

"I didn't know that you'll bring a friend...", the real estate agent smiles greeting Sooji and Shihyun.

"I hope you don't mind if he tags along...he's looking for an apartment too...", Sooji explains.

"Of course not...Hi...my name is Park Mina...I can help you find an apartment too...", the real estate agent introduced herself to Shihyun.

"I am Kwon Shihyun..."

"So...what kind of apartment you're looking for?"

"Mmm...", Shihyun gulps. He has zero ideas because he didn't think he'll search for a new apartment till this afternoon. He glances at Sooji. "I'll have anything she wants..."

"Oh...so are you two going to live together?"

"NO!", Sooji and Shihyun say in unison.

"I mean...I believe in her taste...so you know...I am okay with any type...", Shihyun stutters. Trying to explain his stupid answer.

"We're just friends...", Sooji smiles awkwardly.

Shihyun sighs. At least they're not strangers anymore.

"Can I see the room?", Sooji asks.

"Sure...come on...", the three of them headed to the elevator. "Actually there are two empty rooms on the 3rd floor if you two are interested...", Miss Park press the button to the 3rd floor. "The apartment no. 305 and 306...this two apartment are exactly faced each other..."