Chapter 10

Marissa's pov: I knocked on the door and my mom opened it. "Hi sweetie", she said as she hugged me. "Hey mom", I said while hugging her back. In the living room was my dad. "Where were you hunny?", he asked. "Hi to you too dad", I said sarcastically. "Angela said you were out with your boyfriend", he said. " I was. What are you trying to say dad?", I asked. " I want to meet this boy", he said. My mom sat down next to him. " Now Daniel we will meet the young boy someday, give Marissa time to introduce us to him", she said. "Thanks mom, but don't worry I'll bring him home sometime this week", I said. " I finally get to meet the one who is with my daughter, better have my expectations", he said. " He does daddy", I said. "Are you hungry hunny?", my mom asked. "No I just ate, I think I'll go head upstairs and rest." I gave my parents a kiss on the cheek and headed to my room. I opened the door to my room. "How did it go?", Angela asked while sitting on her bed. My best friend is currently living with me since she has problems with her parents. She feels as if she doesn't belong there and isn't cared for. When she felt down by the lack of love she received from her family, I asked my parents if she could live with us. They took it to consideration and accepted it. Angela moved out without even asking, she knew they wouldn't care anyway. It made me angry about them not loving her, but now I know she is in better care than she ever was. "It went really good"I said. "Tell me what happened", she said. I explained to her everything especially about the kiss. She kept eeeping and cheering. I kept blushing. I went to take a shower. When I got out I asked Angela if she has seen my sweater. She said the last time she saw it was in David's room. David is my little brother. I went to the room next door, which was his. I knocked on the door and he opened it. "Hey David." " Hey sis", he said. I haven't seen you all day I said as I hugged him" "Same here", he said. Have you seen my sweater I asked? Yea it's over there on the chair. I wondered how I left it there, and then I realized I left it when I was helping him on his poetry assignment. As I was walking toward the chair I saw his guitar in his bed. " What are you playing?" I asked. " I was just...,, uhhhhhh... strumming the strings",he said. "You sure I asked? "Yea, well umma go to sleep soon", he said. " oh okay, goodnight kiddo. Goodnight sis , he said as he closed the door. I put my sweater on and walked into the room to find a still closed eyed Angela lying under her sheets. I hopped into my own bed,turned off the lamp, and fell asleep.

* the next day at around 12*

I woke up last. I looked to the bed next to mine and found it empty. I went to the restroom to freshen up. When I finished I went to the kitchen and found Angela and ____ eating their eggs at the table. "Where's mom and dad?" Angela pointed to a note on the counter. It read dear kids,your father and i are going to be busy doing errands. We will come home later. Please do your chores! Stay home and have fun! Love mom and dad

After I read the note I joined them and ate the eggs. After we washed the dishes and cleaned the living room. It was 2. Since it was Sunday we did our homework that is due the next day. We grew tired and decide to watch a movie. The three of us decided to watch "Just go with it" at around 6 my parents finally came. They decided to change and cook dinner. When we are we all went to the living room and watched our favorite family show "Full House" We had a nice family day, but ended it early since the next day we had school everybody went their separate ways took showers and brushed their teeth ready to sleep. "Goodnight Angie", I said. "Goodnight Marissa", she said as she turned off the lights.