chapter 49

Xavier's pov

Isa's situation was concerning how did someone give her drugs to that extent Joe was responsible for her training he knows her since she was a kid what did he have against her I did send few men to get him and even Damien was investigating this matter I didn't like him at all but I couldn't deny the fact that he was in love with Isa the way he took care of her made me wonder why it was almost a week and Isa hadn't opened her eyes yet Damien never left her side nor did we all three of us were present there we started working from hospital intially we had argued to take her home but when the doctors told us that her condition was critical we had to keep her here I didn't believe Damien at first so I consulted my own family doctor but when he said the same I had no choice but to believe Damien coming back to Damien he was very careful with Isa whenever there were doctors around her he refused to leave even if they were changing her he used to sit besides her and hold her hand at first I thought he was just pretending but then during this time she got her periods and he didn't mind changing her he used to change her pads every four hours which made me think again he really cared for her I confirmed my doubts when I asked the doctors who were present there they told me that Damien didn't touch her in a sexual way if a guy can change a girl's pads during her periods I guess he was in love with her but what he spoke about his sister was a big lie I knew something was wrong but I couldn't figure out what I just made sure that I was careful this time I can't risk her life again my wife had died after giving birth to Isa so I couldn't even imagine loosing my daughter if I chose Damien she won't mind but she will definitely have a lot of questions in those innocent eyes of hers I took a deep breath and went in her room " is there any progress" I asked Damien " no not yet she's still the same" he replied " you need to go and rest " I said " same applies to you as well" he replied " what's your problem just leave her alone and she will get better " Liam said " really she will get better and what happened when she was with you huh your men gave her drugs" Damien barked " we are still finding that culprit and once I do I swear he and his family will be wiped off " Liam said "if you find him right Joe isn't here he escaped when he got the news but we will find him " Damien said " but how our men are searching him everywhere that's bastard must have escaped" Liam said " it seems like he hasn't left he knows we will search him after this shit he's done may be he hasn't escaped but he's still hidding here and waiting for the right opportunity" Damien said " where do you think we can find him" I asked " what was his last location" Liam asked " hmm your mansion he was last seen getting out of your manison after that there is nothing" Damien said " so where can he go " Liam asked " if I was him I would go back in from the back door and hide myself by disguising myself as a servant or a guard and stay there till the matter is resolved, has anyone left your mansion" Damien asked "no apart from Joe no one has " I said "then there is the answer he's still in your mansion maybe someone else is involved or may be not but we need to know why he did this to Isa as per whatevers you said he was the closest apart from both of you" Damien said just then one of Damien's men walked in "sir we got the details you asked for" he said and handed the file to Damien and walked off the moment Damien opened the file and started reading.