chapter 8

Isa's pov

Liam settled me in an empty seat besides him as I continued eating no stuffing my mouth with cake dad has already warned me that there will be no more sweets this month so I guess I have to eat this anyways it's very tasty I continue ravishing my sweets in the meantime dad, Liam and his date walk off leaving me with Joe I want to look around but those whispers tell me to keep looking at my plate " someone's watching you" she said in my ears when I try to look around " don't move keep on doing whatever you were doing before" I eventually give up I know it's for my own good whenever I haven't listened to these voice I have faced trouble maybe my mom has sent an angel to protect me from all the evilness in the world I eat in silence after sometime someone came near Joe and started talking to him they looked like long lost friends that's when Joe also left me alone but he wasn't too far he was just six feet away I had finally finished eating so I started playing with dad's phone when suddenly a waitress placed a glass of orange juice in front of me and one more plate of Turkish delights aww I'm so happy but before I thank her she left the moment I pick up my spoon that voice warns me " don't touch Isa it's not good it's a trap look at it carefully " I look towards the plate and notice there are walnuts in almonds sprinkled on it I know dad will never get me those cookies I'm allergic to nuts I kept my spoon back and then I head for the orange juice " don't it's  drugged" that voice said " hmm why would someone want to kill me " I said in my mind " not kill you baby kidnap you " that voice said " but why and who " I replied don't look at him relax now okay everything will be fine " that voice replied " I wanted to use the washroom so I was getting uncomfortable there " not now baby please control or else you will be in bigger trouble" the voice said " but how long I have to control " I replied I started looking around for dad that voice kept on telling me to be patient but my bladder was full while I was looking around I saw a guy who looked really handsome but he had tattoos on his neck he was scary and he was looking at me only maybe he was the one who was looking at me throughout the party the girl besides him was very sexy and soon she started kissing him " look away baby  and play on your phone or count till ten dad will be here by then" the voice said I closed my eyes and counted till ten then twenty at last before reaching thirty all were back on their seat dad was still busy talking to Uncle Dante as I sat besides him I tugged dad's sleeve before I could say anything dad gestured me to come with him but uncle Dante stopped dad and said " let her go alone Xavier she's not a child anymore" " she's still my baby Dante and you can wait she can't Isa come baby " dad said and took me towards the washroom once I was in I was relieved to empty my bladder I washed my hands and got out of the washroom " no more sweets and juice you'll catch cold okay" dad said and I nodded soon we reached out table and dad noticed the sweets " you got this" dad asked me and I shook my head "then who did" dad asked me" some waitress placed it here " I replied " did you eat anything from it " dad asked and I shook my head "Xavi come on don't treat her like that" Dante said " shut up you idiot just don't get yourself involved in this can't you see someone has placed this here for a reason Joe what were you doing when this was happening" dad asked Joe " sir I was standing few feet away I thought that Isa baby had asked the waitress to get it" he replied " I want that waitress now get her Joe and you know what to do" dad said Joe left us "are you serious Xavier what's the big deal " uncle Dante said " there is a big deal buddy look it's covered in nuts and you see this powder it's drugged look at the glass also don't you see something wrong in it there's something floating on it " dad replied I looked at my dad with pride I knew it was drugged but only after those whispers told me and dad could tell it was spiked just by looking at it "Isa  come here I don't want you to sit on that chair" dad said and I sat in his lap " now tell me did anything else happens after we left did anyone come to speak to you"  dad asked and I shook my head.