Chpt. 1 Chance Encounter

Loki sat curled in a ball, in the glass room SHIELD had imprisoned him in. It was the first time he had slept in a long time, but the sleep was not undisturbed. His dreams had been plagued with nightmares of the horrible things Thanos had done to him. He could still remember the awful smell of the place, the smell of rotten, infested flesh, his flesh. He let out a sob, as more and more tears streamed down his face. He never wanted any of this to happen. He just couldn't bear thee pain anymore. He ran his fingers through his hair, and leaned back against the wall, what had he done?! So many Innocent lives were wasted because of his weaknesses. He sighed trying to calm his breathing. He heard footsteps coming his way. In a second, a clone was up and his true self was invisible.

"well, well, well, Loki" Fury mocked "Was that a sob I heard" Loki's clone smiled "ha, why would I be crying, when it is you who has a monster in your prison" Loki had already tried to tell him what really happened, but he wouldn't listen. Stubborn midgardian. Fury smirked "so, monster, are you going to tell me where your little friend is, or am I going to have to use more,....drastic ..measures" "Agent Fury" a voice came from the shadows. "that is unnecessary" A woman dressed in black emerged. "ah, agent Romanova, come to join the party?" She gave a cold hearted smile "I believe I can take it from here" she said walking up to the platform agent fury was currently occupying. "Of course Agent, I'll see you n the morning then" The man walked off. Once he was sure Fury was out of earshot Loki began "So what threat, do you have prepared for me?" He asked unable to hide the exhaustion from even his clones voice. "first of all, drop the illusion I saw you earlier, you have nothing to hide from me" Loki did as he was told and wipped away the clone, revieling his real self sitting on the floor, hair a fuzzy mess, and face tear stained. "So agent, What is your threat?" Loki asked. "i don't have a threat Loki" She sat on the floor. "I want to know what really happened" Loki adjusted himself, "It's not like you'd believe me " She cocked her head to the side "try me."

"and I let go,...I remember falling,..just falling into blackness, I fell asleep, and when I woke I was chained to a stone wall, My head hurt more than anything I had ever felt before." He took a shaky breath in "then Thanos came in" He looked up to Natasha, somehow finding strength in the lean red head. " He tortured me for two years straight ,...until one day, That day he made me proposition,...I think you know what that was" his voice cracked one the last word " I tried so hard to secretly sabotage the plan ,.... I made sure that the portal would only use some of the tesseracts power,.. so that when you would stab it with the scepter, it would explode." Loki looked up to see how Natasha's normally un-showing face had hints of confusion, along with sadness and understanding. "Then your people took me, and stuck me in here" He concluded, trying hard to not show how close he was to tears. "I believe you Loki."

Loki sat, leaning back against the bed frame as he remembered that night, that was the first time anyone had ever trusted the trickster. He smiled at the thought of someone trusting him. Then he frowned, his brother would never trust him, or believe him, his own fath- Odin didn't trust him, he revoked his powers and cast him down to midgard. He was nothing without his powers, his magic was his identity. He sighed and got out of bed. The Stark tower was lonely at night, despite all the avengers currently living there. He looked around the cupboards searching for something to satisfy his growling stomach. He choose a box of cereal, something involving crunchy toast, he didn't care. He sat by the large window, and starred out at the wonderful city. This city could have been destroyed because of him, he thought. "Why are you awake Loki" An all too familiar voice rang out from behind him. "I couldn't sleep" He said spinning around to look at her. "Loki..." she sat down "your still having nightmares aren't you?" she asked obvious concern in her voice. He shifted in his chair and stared t the ground, "yes" he whispered.

She shook her head, "Loki, why didn't you tell me?" He looked at her "...I, I don't know, I'm not exactly accustomed to showing any emotion. much less sharing about my weaknesses." "They arn't weaknesses Loki, you were tortured mercilessly for two years!,.....Hell I was only held captive in Germany for six months and I still have nightmares sometimes" Loki looked away again slumping down in his chair. They sat in silence for a while until it was broken by a small whisper. "The things they did to me.....once they decided to see how long I could go without eating,...and they poured acid on me, to see what my magic could cover up, how deep they would have to go before I couldn't heal myself anymore. I begged for death many times,... but that was nothing new, I wanted to die before I had ever been tortured.........Natasha?" he asked with tears streaming down his face. "yea" she asked just as broken as he. "I still want to die."