🌼7

"What do you mean you aren't gonna make it tonight, Tae?" she groans over the phone.

"Things came up, Gorgeous," I turn my back away from the open door keeping my voice soft so it won't carry into the room.

"Tae, you know I didn't wanna go alone. Can't you just have one night off?" she pleads desperately.

My heart clenches, I can hear the strain in her voice as she tries to keep from crying. I can picture her at home with her cute little pout and large eyes that glisten with tears. I'm half tempted to agree with her and just go home,  but then Hannah steps out from the backroom wearing nothing but my button-down, and all guilt quickly vanishes.

"That's not fair, Aviva, you know how important my art is for me. Excuse me if I'd rather get this finished so we can have some actual time together alone, not with Kook and Co. getting drunk," I spit out annoyed.

"Tae, it's not like that. I'm not saying your art isn't important but just" she sighs and I hear her sniffle. "You're just always so busy and I'm nervous."

"You will be with Kook, you will be okay. He won't let anything go wrong, plus it's just drinks with friends, nothing to be nervous about," I say making my voice gentle.

Hannah wraps her arms around my waist, pressing her cheek against my back and I tense. "I've got to go, Gorgeous. I'll make it up to you tomorrow when I'm home okay?" I say trying to quickly end the call.

"Okay, Tae. Have a good night, love you," she says completely defeated.

"I'm sorry, Gorgeous," guilt eating me as I apologize for the thousandth time. " I love you too, have fun with your friends."

She hums and the line goes dead. I never wanted to make her cry, I love her. Things are just complicated. My hand hangs limply at my side clutching my phone tightly.

Hannah moves to my front keeping her body pressed close to mine as she looks up at me. "Are you ever going to break up with her, Taehyung?"

I groan prying her hands from around me and walk into the back room flopping myself face down on the bed. Hannah follows me, crawling on top of me so she's sitting on my ass and her small hands start working the knots in my shoulders.

I moan enjoying the feel of her hands relaxing my body as the silence stretches between us. When I met Hannah a few months ago, I did not picture this is how we would end up. She was just some young 18-year-old freshman art major who had taken a liking to my paintings.

I'd spent a week listening to her thoughts on my work, never once telling her I was the artist. Listening to her gush about my art provided my ego the boost it needed. I was feeling like a failure, Aviva paid the majority of the bills and got me most of the things I needed, always insisting I didn't need to get another job.

She was thriving at work, quickly becoming one of the top realtors in her company, which left me feeling dejected and bitter. She never once tried to make me feel like I was less, always supported my art, saying soon I would get my big break. I didn't deserve her love and I couldn't figure out how to cope.

So when Hannah finally learned who I was and proceeded to come onto me, I couldn't help but want to cling to the feeling she was providing me. I felt superior, big, manly, the way Hannah wanted and looked up to me gave me the confidence I was lacking.

I became hooked on the euphoria I felt when I was with her and slowly started neglecting Aviva. I didn't love her any less, I just couldn't bear to go home to her after I betrayed her time and again.

"Taehyung, aren't I enough for you?" she whispers into my ear, biting it softly.

She lifts up onto her knees so I can roll over onto my back. "Don't I make you happy?" she leans down pecking my lips, her hands slip down my chest and stomach, and into my pants. "Don't I make you feel good?"

"Hannah," I sigh, she sits back her eyes sparkling with hope.

When I don't say anything else, she huffs and climbs off of my lap. She starts to pull on her own clothes mumbling under her breath. I run my hands through my hair watching as she slams the door behind her.

We've been having the same argument for a while now, I was honest with her. She knew I wasn't single and this wasn't serious, but she's gotten it into her head that she loves me and we are some epic love. Her age showed each and every time she threw a fit and left, it was getting to the point that I started contemplating ending things with her, but at the same time I wasn't strong enough to let go.

I finally pull myself out of bed and trudge back into the studio to the painting I'd been working on all month. The dark shades expressing my sadness and shame. In the middle of the painting are the eyes I thought I'd spend my life with, but they aren't filled with the happiness and love that I used to see. No, now they reflect all the hurt and pain I'm causing her.

I lift up my pallet mixing a new set of colors and lose myself again in the process. Hours later I hear my phone ding, wiping my hands on my pants, I unlock it to read the new messages.

Princess😘

I'm sorry I stormed out, Taehyung.

I just don't understand why I'm not good enough! I love you!

There's nothing I wouldn't do to make you happy.💕

Please reply, Taehyung 🥺

😭😭😭

I just wanna make sure you're not still mad at me...

Please?

My roommate is out tonight if you want to come over to make up. I left the key under the mat😘

Sent 11:45 pm

I should probably go over and settle her down. I slowly make my way over to the sink, cleaning my hands and arms, when my phone dings again. I groan annoyed that she insists on blowing up my phone even when I don't reply. But it's guilt that creeps back into my heart squeezing it painfully as I look at who's texted me.

Gorgeous💕

I made it home safe, Tae. It didn't turn out too bad!

I'm sure you're working hard, baby. I miss you a lot, but I know it will all pay off. You're an amazing artist and I'm sure you will get a chance to show it soon!

I love you lots. Remember to eat something and get some actual rest.💋💕

━━━━༺✾❀❁༻━━━━