Commander x DJ || P2

part 2 yeah

---

Commander eyed at Medic nervously when she got her healing gun ready, DJ was laying down on the grass, Commander felt a bit guilty for trying to even bring DJ back, he looked so peaceful when he's dead...Commander felt so selfish, he just wanted DJ to be back in his arms again but he knew how much DJ hated being in constant danger.

Was DJ happier when he's dead?

Commander frowned at the thought and walked off, shaking the other troops in hopes that they weren't dead as well.

Commander shook Scout, slapping his face lightly as well and Scout responded with a groan, eyes fluttering open as he looked at Commander with shattered shades. "Is it over..? Am I dead..?" Scout held onto Commander's arm and coughed, before wincing. Commander nodded, helping Scout stand on his two feet and walking him to Medic so she can also help him. Commander sat Scout down on a log and went to help the other troops.

Almost everyone had gotten up, some were unconscious but they were still breathing. Commander handed Ranger's body to Mingunner and the other brought Ranger to Medic, Commander then stood there as he looked around, Shotgunner, Militant, Accelerator...Everyone, all of them lived, except for DJ.

Commander instinctively bit on his already short nails nervously, a bad habit he had picked up on whenever he was anxious. He normally doesn't do this, most of the time he'd just ignore the feeling of fear since he was a leader, he wasn't supposed to feel scared, right? Commander glanced back at where Medic was and felt a wave of relief rush over him, DJ was alive.

Commander stopped biting his nails and quickly wiped his fingers on his jacket, he'd usually get extremely upset if something stained his uniform but he didn't care anymore, the only thing that mattered most now was DJ. Commander ran as fast as his legs could let him, tackling DJ in for a hug as the other yelped, Commander realized DJ was still injured and softened his grip. God, Commander felt pure euphoria at that moment. After some time, Commander felt DJ pat his shoulder, "Uh...Hey man, you can let go now..." DJ whispered and Commander obliged, pulling away and stood in front of DJ.

But, DJ didn't look so happy. More confused and worried. Medic opened her mouth to try and say something, but DJ immediately cut her off.

"Do I know you?"

Commander's eyes widened, the two of them stared in silence, Commander's world came crashing down on him again, his legs felt like jelly as the feeling of happiness left him completely. So many things went through Commander's mind at that point, he wanted to rip his head in half, he'd rather feel pain than feel this.

But this WAS pain.

"Commander," Commander snapped out of his trance and looked at Medic, she looked at Commander like he was some helpless animal, "I managed to heal minor injuries but I couldn't heal DJ's head injury, so he can't remember much. But hopefully you can give some of his memories back, you're the closest to him." Commander watched DJ talk to Engineer as they both laughed about something. Medic wanted to say something else to Commander, but the whirring of the Pursuit interrupted her. Oh, reinforcements came.

Commander helped the injured troops get on the helicopter, then the less injured ones next. The Pursuit flew off as Commander went to DJ's stage, maybe Engineer could fix these speakers since DJ liked them a lot, hopefully DJ could remember again, but Commander knew it wasn't going to be easy. Lifting up one of the broken speakers, Commander groaned as he successfully placed one on his shoulder, he felt like he was some grandpa despite just being around his late 20s. Then, Commander saw DJ walking to him, hands in his pockets as he stopped in front of Commander. "Do you need some help? Saw you struggling over here." DJ eyed the other speaker behind his broken visor, feeling like he got reminded of something.

Commander looked at DJ, "Do you maybe remember this?" DJ glanced at the speaker then at Commander, before shaking his head. "Nah." DJ went to pick up a broken speaker but flinched as there was a sudden pain in his chest. Commander quickly stopped DJ, "Just sit down, alright? I can do this by myself." Commander reassured him and walked off, DJ took in short breaths, he felt like if he took a deep breath his ribs would break on him, what the hell happened when he passed out?

After half an hour had passed, the Pursuit had came back and Commander placed two of the speakers inside, sitting at his usual spot beside DJ. Chatter from others filled the silence between Commander and DJ, Commander wanted to ask DJ so many questions.

'Are you okay?'

'Do you remember any of us?'

'Do you still love me?'

Commander stared at the floor nervously, before feeling a tap on his shoulder. "Hey uh...Commander right?" DJ said, Commander immediately sat up straight and smiled, "Yes, DJ?" The music tower chewed at the inside of his cheek, what was he gonna say again..? Oh, right. "When am I gonna go home?" Commander's mind blanked, how was he supposed to respond to that? "Er, I don't know...We're 23 minutes away from base if that's what you mean." DJ nodded and went back to staring out the Pursuit, Commander tried to think of more things to help DJ remember, maybe photos could work? Commander's hand rose up to his mouth again, but Commander quickly placed it down beside DJ's one.

"Alright Commander, we're here." The pilot got out of the cockpit and stretched a bit, Commander went to go pick up one of the broken speakers and thanked the pilot. Commander gently placed the speakers one the ground and helped DJ get down, ignoring the fluttering feeling in his stomach as DJ held onto him tightly. "Thanks...Commander," DJ said with a grin and leaned onto a speaker, Commander picked up the other speaker and headed inside the base, DJ following behind closely.

What was his real name again? DJ guessed it's just DJ, everyone referred to him as so.

DJ looked up from the ground and stared at Commander walking, he only knew this Commander guy for a few minutes but DJ definitely felt more safe with this man. DJ's brain tried to remember something, but it was so fuzzy, DJ closed his eyes and stopped in place to try and remember more clearly.

DJ then felt his hands being held, looking up to see who's hands it belonged to, DJ was only greeted by a blurred face, most of their body was blurred yet DJ could tell they wore black. Although DJ couldn't see the person's face, he could sense that they were smiling, and DJ smiled too. "DJ..." The person said, face slowly becoming more and more clear the closer they got.

"H- Huh?" DJ stammered as the grip on his hands tightened.

"Wake up."

DJ blinked and he was back in reality, in front of him was Commander who stared at him in worry. "DJ? Are you okay? Do you need to go to your room?" DJ reluctantly nodded, he was pretty tired after all. Commander held DJ's hand in his and led him to his room, DJ suddenly got reminded of what happened just now.

Just now...That touch! His hand felt warm and rough, just like the person's hand. DJ wanted to hold it tighter but cringed, he had just only met this man. DJ furrowed his brow, but Commander seemed so trustworthy, DJ wondered if they were friends in the past. If they were, maybe they could catch up.

"Alright DJ, your room is here. It's right beside mine so if you're lost I can help you, just knock on my door," Commander gave DJ a sad smile, placing the speaker right by the door. "I'll be back with your other speaker, you should go to sleep first, tomorrow I have to make you remember something." Huh? DJ stared at Commander in confusion, but before he could even ask what needed to be remembered, Commander had already left, leaving him alone in 'his' room.

It was messy yet comfy, DJ sat on the bed as it creaked under his weight. DJ felt like he was at home again, maybe this place was actually home? He had forgotten. DJ took off his broken visor and wrapped himself in his blankets before sighing to himself, he'll remember soon...hopefully.

---

ill make part 3 next give me some time because i got loads of tests :')

also ive never written amnesia things before so sorry if this sucked ass lmao!!!! thanks to merrie_melodies for helping me out a bit