Chapter 20: Soul Sibling

"Wow, a shooting star, make a wish." Malcolm beamed pointing at the wishing star in the far starry sky. 

We were currently enjoying stargazing on a hill near my house under a blanket. We decided to take a break for the weekend and spend it outside just him and I catching up on things since he was busy during the week.

"Mhm I wish-" I began with my fingers crossed and eyes tightly closed.

"Don't say it out loud or it won't come true dumbass," he chuckled.

"I wasn't," I said, sticking my tongue out at him like a child. 

Malcolm and I had such a weird relationship, we acted like siblings who shared one brain cell between them. The way I got attached to Malcolm was unbelievable. It was like the universe wanted us to meet no matter what and I was the luckiest girl to have him in my life. He protected me no matter what and always took my side in any fight without even caring about the facts. That's how much he trusted me and to be honest, I trusted him with my life more than I trusted my own family.

It was a weird feeling to fully trust someone you haven't known your whole life but it's also exhilarating to fully give your utmost trust towards one person. In a sense of the word, Malcolm was my hero and as he said himself I was his, the way he took care of me you would assume I was disabled. He always wanted to do everything for me and at first, it was a bit of a red flag for me because no one was that kind without wanting anything in return but the more I paid attention and got to know him he just loved taking care of me and I guess it comes from the fact that no one took care of him so he doesn't want anyone to go through that.

"So what did you wish for?" He asked with a smirk.

"Can't tell you that," I smiled.

"Fine, keep it to yourself," he scoffed playfully before he gave me my energy drink.

"Why thank you, good sir." I smiled gracefully while taking the drink.

It was a bit chilly outside but we had plenty of blankets to keep ourselves warm. We watched the stars for a few more hours with light music playing from his speaker while we talked about god knows what. By the time we decided to head back to my place it was around two in the morning. Since Malcolm was sleeping over we tried our best to keep quiet and not wake my dad up but we failed miserably when Malcolm accidentally slammed the door shut loudly practically waking up the whole neighbourhood.

"Dumbass," I facepalmed, shaking my head at him.

"Sorry." He sheepishly apologised, locking the door as quietly as he could.

 I crept on my tiptoes to my room but halfway there my dad's door opened and I cursed inwardly but was surprised to see Lauren come out of the room with a silky nightdress.

"Oh morning Belle," she yawned.

"Uh morning Lauren," I awkwardly said, not sure what to say in the awkward situation.

 I might have forgotten to mention that dad and Lauren got way closer than I would've expected, in fact, she practically lived here. Those two were always together giggling like a bunch of high school sweethearts but in the end, I just cared about my dad's happiness and if she made him happy then I was fine with that plus Lauren was quite a catch and how my dad got her still puzzles me to this day.

"Hi, auntie didn't know you were here?" Malcolm greeted her casually as if this was a normal thing to see every day.

"Hi Mal, ya it was just supposed to be a quick visit oopsie," she giggled, making me gag imagining what went on in my dad's room to make her all giddy.