Chp.1 | Beginning This Curse

Venti had been pestering Xiao about this for some time now, claiming it would be 'the best experience of his life.' You're probably wondering what that is, maybe a cool adventure? Oh-oh, maybe a new cafe had opened? No..not at all.
Venti's antics all came from...
well, a game. Mostly played by children at that.

After a while of Venti's practic begging, Xiao had finally given in to Venti's overly ecstatic demands with a grain of salt. He had brushed it off until this point, claiming it was 'stupid' and such..or as Xiao said it, 'idiotic'.

Now, Venti was watching over him and his bright phone screen as he created an account.
He sat down at the table; his father, Zhongli, was upstairs as Venti visited.

Xiao quickly typed in a username, well, slowly actually. Remind me why he types with one finger,..?

"Is this.,, good?" A voice called out, breaking the silence. Xiao showed Venti the screen as he read,
'Unicorngame19tree'

"Uh.."

"Hm?"

"I guess, it's your choice but..maybe something..cooler? Like-" Venti's suggestion was cut off by a deep glare from Xiao.

Venti frowned at this reaction from the other, putting his hands up defensively. "Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way!"
Xiao simply replied with...

The same stare.

"Ok..,,uh..now you need to put your password."

Xiao's attention returned to the sign-up screen, nodding as he saw the button that said 'password'.

He typed something in, Venti made sure to go as far as to cover his eyes.

"Venti."

Venti hummed, still having his eyes covered.

"That's my password."

Venti stayed silent for a few seconds.
"..Why?"

"Why not?"

Honestly, Venti had kind of regretted making Xiao get Roblox.

"Just.." Venti grabbed the phone from Xiao's hands like a kid stealing their friend's toy.
He quickly typed, finishing in only a few seconds.

And that was all, the account under the name of 'Unicorngame19tree' had finally arisen into the game known as Roblox.
Or, you can just say Xiao made a Roblox account..but that's less fun.

"Ok! So how about we play an obby first? Well, you play an obby first!" Venti spoke with a large smile. "That's what I started out with!"

"..Sure." Xiao agreed despite not even knowing what 'obby' meant in this sense.

Venti nodded happily as he searched something up and clicked it, handing the device back to Xiao as his character soon began to load into the game.

Xiao just..stared at the phone.
"Why is my hair like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's in a bun."

"OH MY GOD-"

Xiao stayed silent as he noticed Venti covering his mouth attempting to stifle his laugh.

"O-ok..l-let's just..start! Move with the..joystick and jump with the one to the right.." Venti had finally gotten out in between his laughing.

Xiao nodded, ignoring Venti as he began to move..falling directly off of the edge.

His character regenerated at the spawn point.
Xiao paused for a second and continued to..do the same thing once again.

"You have to jump.." Venti finally stated, seeing no sign of Xiao getting the hang of this on his own.

"Oh."

Xiao proceeded to make his character jump in place.

Venti stayed silent for a second. "..What the fu-"

——

After Venti had taught Xiao a little bit more about how to play the game he was finally ready to try it out on his own. Thank Venti for his overly confident teaching skills.

"Now you should..know how to. Try it out." Venti reassured the other male, and immediately, Xiao began to move his character around.

His character came to a stop right before the edge and actually..jumped over to the other side!

Venti's face lit up, showing obvious signs of being excited at the sudden improvement.

Xiao's constructed his character to head to the next, seeming to be very hesitant about his choices to move.

He went up to the edge..before accidentally jumping off of the block only for his character to reset.
"FUCK."
Xiao slammed his fist harshly onto the table, continuing to play like normal moments after the outburst.

Venti's eyes widened.
"..You-.."

"What?" Xiao looked toward Venti.

"IT'S JUST A CHILDREN'S GAME, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU-"

-

"You know what.. never mind. Sorry, Xiao, I didn't mean to yell.." Venti stated apologetically.

"K." Xiao replied, his attention completely fixated on the game.

WORD COUNT: 716