Snap out of it.

I moved closer to his face, challenging him. Two could play at this game. "It did," I declared, "but let's not pretend like you weren't thinking of me while you got yourself off. You liked having me watch you. You came so hard while I watched."

"There's my dirty girl." He chuckled darkly, making the room feel like it was moving. "I forgot how pretty you look when you come undone." He whispered again against my lips.

I sent him a seductive smirk and whispered back, "when you're in bed tonight with a raging hard-on, I want you to think of me."

"I want to kiss you right now." He told me, his face still close to mine.

"Only in your wildest dreams." I said before maneuvering myself from under his hold. I walked back to sit behind my desk. "If that's all, I have work that needs to be done, Mr. Castillo." I turned my attention to my computer and started to respond to emails.

"Yes, ma'am." And with that, he was in the hallway within seconds, and I was left with a pool of unwanted arousal in my underwear.

༺♡༻

"Fuck!" I cursed, picking up the glass plate I just dropped.

I had just returned home from picking up takeout from my favorite Korean restaurant down the street from my apartment.

It's become an almost everyday thing that I buy Korean food to mostly be reminded of Lorenzo and the meals he'd teach me to make when we were children.

I remember whenever his father would be out of town on business, he'd invite me over and he'd show me the recipes his mother showed him.

It was always a bonding experience for the both of us. We'd talk, laugh, and flirt while simultaneously not burning any food.

He'd watch me while I made Kimchi and listen to the songs he absolutely despised. We'd share playlists, but I honestly think he never listened to any of the music I'd send him solely because he thought they sucked.

Though his taste in music was the complete opposite of mine, I still think of him whenever a certain song plays on the radio.

Seven years ago

To: Lorenzo Castillo
From: Your Lovebug

My first email to you of many. Today marks one week since you left. I drove past your house earlier hoping I'd find someone there to milk information out of. I didn't. Santi and Soren have been asking around for you. You neglected to tell them, too. You didn't tell anyone you were leaving.

It's only you that's for me, and I miss you so damn much. Why'd you have to go without me? I would've come with you even if I had to run away. Did I do something wrong? Was I not pretty enough for you? Did you find someone better? Did I not mean anything to you? Because you mean the world to me.

Last night, I was looking up at the moon wishing you were next to me helping me name all of the stars. I told myself I wouldn't cry for you because I know you wouldn't want me to. I know you'd say something like, "You're too beautiful to cry over me, Lovebug. I don't deserve your tears." And you'd sure as hell be right.

You don't deserve my longing for you. Too bad I lost that battle while praying to you. I hope you're okay. Is your father treating you well? Do you miss me as much as I miss you? Even though you're gone, it somehow feels like you're still here, lingering around in my heart.

I'm holding on to that feeling for as long as it takes. I won't give up on you, no matter what. I'll be waiting for you to come back to me.

Thinking of you always,
Your Lovebug

-

Holy shit! 50k reads. Thank you all so much for your endless support. Your votes and comments keep me going. Someone also made a Tiktok about a scene in this book, and dios mío. I love you.

So many people have asked me if Enmity will have a happy ending, and I don't know if I want you guys crying happy or sad tears by the end of this. I have an emotional attachment already.

I guess we'll see though. Stick around to find out. Vote and comment, babies.

With all my love, L