Chapter 19 - Your Mate's Life For My Father, And My Mate

Start from the beginning

     How did he survive this pain for one year before he died?

     I couldn't explain the pain. It was too much. It felt like...my heart was twisted and burned, chopped up, and bitten by sharp teeth. All it left was an empty hole in the space where my heart belonged.

     I glanced up at her body and saw a note.

     I peeled off the note and read it.

Dear Mystery Man,

     Arn't you so clever? Trying to kill my mate, huh? You have no idea what I am capable of. In return, you should feel the pain that my father felt when you killed my mum. Hurts, doesn't it? You don't understand how much my father suffered when you killed my mum, if you thought the pain you feel now is what my father went through, you are dearly mistaken. My father suffered worst, he loved my mum with every inch of his heart, he would sacrifice himself if she was in any danger, he would travel across the world just to find my mum anything she wanted, but couldn't find, he would treat my mum like a Queen, he loved her. You, mystery man, wouldn't understand love. Yes, I understand that you have feelings for Candy, but they are not strong enough to be categorized at 'love'. My father suffered for a year before he passed away, but I will not give you a year to suffer, since the full moon will be in five days. Be ready. I'm not the weak little girl you saw years ago, nor am I the wimpy kid that ran away years ago. Mystery man, are you afraid? Hope so.

                                                             Sincerely,

                                                                 Your simple enemy.

     Anger boiled up in my chest as I re-read the note over and over. If this girl wants to fight, then so be it.

     I'll be ready.

~~Cassidy's P.O.V.~~

     I sat in Saxon's room, holding his hand. The pack doctor said that he'll be in a short coma, since the dagger Candy used was tipped off with wolf-bane.

     I stared at his tattoos that marked all over his right arm. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

     I leaned in and whispered, "I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you, Saxon. It's all my fault."

~~Saxon's P.O.V.~~

     You know, for a person that should be dead, I saw nothing. All I saw was black. Before you know it, I heard my mate's voice.

     "I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you, Saxon. It's all my fault," she croaked. Does she honestly think that it's her fault?

     'No baby, it's not your fault, please stop,' was what I wanted to whisper, but my mouth didn't open.

     "God, I'm such an idiot. I should've known he would send her to attack you!" she yelled, but not to loud.

     Wait, what does she mean by 'he'?

     "Saxon, I know you probably can't hear me, but I need to get this off my chest. I can't stand the pain it's causing me," she whispered. I felt something wet hit my cheek. She's crying! God, please let me wake up already, I want the pain in her voice to disappear and for her to stop crying.

     "A couple weeks ago when I was in the forest, I came across the rogue that killed my mum and family. I know you and the guys kept trying to figure me out ever since that day, but...when I was asleep that other day, I didn't wake up and cry because the memory of my mum dying right in-front of me flashed through, it was because...I'm going to battle the rogue that killed my mum. I'm not sure if I'll make it out alive. I guess, you going into this coma made it easier for me to leave, although that's a horrible way to say that. Saxon, I want you to know that I love you so damn much. I-I hate that I have to leave you like this, but when the full moon arrives, that's when I'll be leaving. The full moon is in five days. I'm so sorry, Saxon. I love you so damn much," she whispered before I felt her lips on mine.

     No, no, no! This isn't happening! She isn't going to this battle!

     I wanted to wake up already. I wanted to wake up from this coma and kiss her deeply and make sure she won't leave my side, I wanted her to be with me, not at the battle ground, risking her life.

     I felt her lay down beside me and wrap her arms around my left arm and cuddle closer to me. I wanted to wake up and hold her close to me.

     Then something clicked into my head.

     A couple nights ago, there was a howl.

     That howl belonged to my mate.