"Not for long. We got a hit on one of his aliases. Last he was seen in an hotel in Connecticut." Christian positioned his tablet so I could see Volkov on the security footage.

"Connecticut? The fuck is there? Who the fuck goes to Connecticut?" I said, still inspecting the picture.

"Hell if I know. This was two days ago, though. He could be anywhere by now."

"Two days ago?" I snapped. "Why am I just finding out about this now?"

"We didn't know it was him because of his disguise." Ben clarified.

"What fucking disguise. I swear you little shits will be the death of me. I'd kill you if I could." I told them all.

"You can." Akeno said, earning himself a shove from Christian.

"Dude, shut the fuck up." Christian said through gritted teeth.

My phone rang, and it was the last person I ever expected to hear from. Love.

I put the phone up to my ear. "Lovebug. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Try not to make me regret calling you." She said with a sigh that sounded like it was mixed with a breathy laugh.

"My apologies, princess." I shooed the boys to get out of my place so I could talk to Love in private.

Ben mouthed a 'what' before dragging Christian and Akeno out along with him.

"Don't call me princess."

"Okay, princess."

"I'm only calling to say I'm looking up at the stars right now and I'm thinking of you." Now that she mentioned it, I heard crickets faintly in the background.

"Where are you? I'll come to you." I said without hesitation.

"No, you can't. I'm in San Francisco."

"The fuck are you doing there? Are you safe?"

"Yes, dad. I'm safe. I had a show tonight so I stayed at a friends. The sky is so beautiful. I'll send you a picture."

Moments later, my phone pinged with a message from her, and I opened it to see how mesmerizing it looked from there. The way they were so wild, but also so aligned.

"Did you get it?"

"Yes, Lovebug. It is beautiful. Who is this friend you're with?"

"Camille. One of my mom's friends."

Neither of us said nothing for a minute, but I made my way to the window to look at the stars.

"I didn't even ask if you were busy. Were you in the middle of something?"

"No, of course not." I lied. "I'm just looking up, wishing I was there with you."

"Good thing we're looking at the same sky."

"It's not the same as having you give names to them."