CHAPTER 28: How will I stop him?

Start from the beginning

He needs me to get Simon. Yes he does. Without me there's no other way Simon would come out of his hiding.

I smiled trying to act brave "You are wrong, I can stop you."

He stared at me.

I snatched the gun that he had on his waist and pointed it at him, he didn't seem to be affected by it. He didn't even flinch once like he was used to these kind of situations.

"You think you can save Simon by killing me? Let me tell you, you are wrong. There are people who will complete that mission for me, even if I die."

I shook my head "No. I ain't gonna kill you. I don't know about you but I can't kill the person I love even if that person has caused worst to me."

I turned the gun to myself pointing it at my head "Without me, you're not gonna get Simon."

His jaw clenched at my actions. I can clearly tell he was surprised by my move.

"I have other ways Hazel, I chose you because you were easier."

"Then my death wouldn't do you any harm. I am done, seeing everyone die one by one. I am done with all your betrayals. It's better if I die atleast no one will hurt me anymore."

He once looked at the gun I was holding then back at me.

Connor took a step towards me trying to get closer but I moved away "What is wrong with you Haze!? It's not funny! Put the fucking gun down!"

"Don't come near me."

Rafael stopped him then spoke "Go on. Shoot."

I have to agree I was surprised when he said that, I didn't expect that. Slowly I closed my eyes, my hands were shaking.

Dying will be a better option Haze to get rid of this selfish world.

Come on Haze, just pull the trigger that's it... End of every pain, you don't have to see Simon dying.

You can do this.

I finally pulled the trigger but nothing happened, when my eyes opened I was totally confused as to why didn't I die, Rafael stood in front of me looking extremely angry this time.

He came close to me and snatched the gun away from my hand "First learn how to use it."

He adjusted the gun back in his waist then instructed Connor to take me to some mansion.

I don't know how was I taken to that mansion. Connor was holding me all the time like he knew I would fall any moment if he left me. He showed me my room and left.

I fell to the floor cowering myself at one corner of the room with my knees to my chest.

No. I am not just scared about what happened today, I am broken. What Rafael did to me hurts. I wasn't this hurt when Connor broke my trust but I am broken when Rafael did the same. I did put too much faith in him.

"Can't everything be just a dream? A nightmare."

"Rafael is not bad. He is not. He has protected me from every bad guy, why is he hurting me now?"

"No. No."

I kept telling myself that everything is a lie but however hard I tried nothing could change the truth. Nothing could change the fact that it is Rafael who killed Uncle, it was him who killed Aaron and it was him who tried to kill me in the mall, at my event and he even went to the extent of stabbing me.

Everything was a lie till now then the care he showed towards me was that too a lie?

"I have to get out of here before he comes back."