CHAPTER 26: I can't get him, even if I try

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"We'll be leaving tomorrow. I have some emergency in the company." He informed.

I nodded.

Again after sometime he spoke "Why are you scared of the thunder?" I was about to argue with him again but he said "And I want a proper answer not another fight."

"I am astraphobic, I hate loud noises. It wasn't like this always but after the night I witnessed my Dad being killed by those people, the noises do affect me a lot."

He remained quiet for a moment, I continued eating the food "How did you used to stay earlier, at your house? You were alone."

Shrugging I replied "I used to hide myself inside the cupboard sometimes or sometimes trying to not hear those sounds by covering my ears but nothing worked. I would stay up all night feeling scared of those black outfit men." Now I am used to this feeling, so it doesn't make me cry anymore.

All Rafael did was stare at me "You never told anyone about this?"

I shook my head "Everyone seemed quite busy. Uncle and Aaron had their own stuffs and I would barely meet Simon and I didn't want to worry him about these things when we used to meet because he didn't have much time to spend with me. When it gets too serious, the sleeping pills are always there."

"Sleeping pills?"

I nodded.

"Any specific reason why you are telling this to me?"

"You asked. No one has ever seen me in that condition before and moreover I trust you. I trust you as much as I trust Simon." As I said that I thought something, no I don't trust him as Simon "I think even more than him."

He went back eating the food that was in front of him lost in his thoughts. I definitely couldn't read what was going in his head but it seemed like he was thinking deeply.

So since it's our last day in Spain Rafael asked me if I wanted to see around, just the nearby places. We decided to walk this time.

The weather in the evening in here is pretty soothing with light wind hitting the face. So refreshing.

We were walking silently when he asked out of nowhere "Why?"

I looked at him in confusion "What?"

"Why do you trust me?"

Okay... He is bringing that topic up again.

I shrugged "I don't know, it's just my heart that says you won't ever betray me."

"I will ask you something again Hazel."

I nodded.

"Do you want the divorce?"

I sighed "I've said this before I don't really want divorce. I am happy with you, you are everything I could have ever wished for."

"And what if I want it?"

That broke my heart. Does he really want the divorce?

Of course he does. He still loves Olivia.

Holding back my tears I replied "I can't stop you. I can't even force you to love me, it's just me who has fallen for this arrogant ass."

He didn't reply.

This clears out everything he doesn't have any feelings for me other than the bloody sympathy.

Soon we reached in front of an ice-cream truck, Rafael turned to me and asked "Want some?"

"Sure." I replied.

He led me towards the truck then asked "Flavour?"

Ignoring him I ordered for myself he remained standing back, he was about to pay but I paid for myself before he could do that.