CHAPTER 22: "It'll be fun babygirl."

Start from the beginning

He sighed and closed the laptop then came towards me taking a seat beside me "Tell me how can I entertain you?"

I thought for sometime.

"And yeah, I am not playing 20 or 10 questions kind of games with you." He said beforehand.

I chuckled "And why not? It would be fun."

"Well babygirl I have a lot of secrets that I can't reveal to you."

I think I should really get used to this babygirl thing. He won't stop calling me that and speaking honestly, I don't even want him to stop.

"It would be so much fun knowing your secrets. Like think about it all secrets of Rafael Martinez. Oh Sweet Jesus! I am already excited."

"Then I guess I have to disappoint you because I am not saying anything to you."

I pouted.

"Stop doing that, I won't fall for it."

"That's so cruel of you. Simon would always fall for this face and would do anything I say."

"Well I ain't Simon. There's a lot difference between me and Simon."

I remained silent for sometime then spoke again "You don't like him being in the mafia?"

He shook his head "Our friendship broke because of this thing."

"How did it start?"

"Our friendship?" he asked. I nodded. "We had a deal to make 5 years ago. It was all on the video call, all meetings everything. Then we started making calls to each other that led us to being friends and after that he visited few times, you were out of the town completing your studies."

I smiled "That's crazy you became friends in just few calls."

He shrugged "We had many things in common, to me it still sounds strange but yeah it did happen like that, then few meetings but one day he came to visit me, it was the last time before he went underground. We talked had few drinks then he told me everything about the mafia thing, at first I was shocked then I asked him to leave the mafia, he refused and being friends with a man who kills people was something I was not going to do so that's it."

"Simon used to talk about you."

"Did he?"

I nodded "A lot. He told me many things about you."

"Keep those to yourself I am not a bit interested in knowing any of them because I am damn sure whatever he said is embarrassing."

I giggled.

As we reached Barcelona, we were taken to Rafael's house. On the way, I kept peeking out of the window mesmerized by the beauty of the place though Rafael was continuously scolding me to stop behaving like a kid but I couldn't stop myself.

Did I call it a house few minutes ago? Well so sorry it was not just a house it is a freakin' penthouse.

Baby remind yourself 'a freakin' billionaire'.

He led us to our room, on the way I kept appreciating the place. When we reached the room, I looked around and sighed.

This man loves grey and black shades.

"You can adjust your clothes in the closet." He said throwing himself on the bed lying flat on it. I ran to see through the window just to find a beach just behind the penthouse.

"Rafael there's a beach!" I exclaimed.

Getting up from the bed he came and stood beside me "Yeah."

"It looks so beautiful from here." I said peeking again.