CHAPTER 15: STAYING AWAY

Magsimula sa umpisa

Why am I crying? That's because my life sucks and no one cares about me.

"Did I hurt you?"

I shook my head "I don't know Rafael. You said the attacks were because of you but I don't think it was because of you."

His eyes widened "What do you mean?"

I gulped hard trying my best to stop those tears from falling.

"S-Someone is t-trying to kill me. Simon knows about it, I think yesterday's attack they were those men. They weren't the ones you told about. I can't understand Rafael why are they trying to kill me, what have I even done?"

"Okay, calm down." He cupped my face "Hazel what did they do to you?" He asked seriously I looked down "Answer me, what did they do?"

"It was like a year ago, at that time I was allowed to go anywhere I wanted. One day I was going to a café, the café was close to the house so I decided to walk there. When I was on my way to the café a man stabbed me with a... knife in my waist." I hid my face with both my hands crying on his chest.

"S-Someone stabbed you?"

I nodded "A-At t-that time I thought I would die. I would never be able to wake up again."

I couldn't figure out what he was thinking but all he did was stare at me blankly waiting for me to continue.

"I was then taken to a hospital by few people."

He hugged me caressing his hand on my hair "You went through a lot Hazel."

I hugged him back with my eyes closed and my head resting on his chest.

Can't the time just stop like this with me in his arms?

He made me wear my top and PJs then looked up at me and said "Hazel can you do something, if I ask?"

"What?"

"Stay away from Connor."

I gave him a confused look "Connor?"

He nodded "Try to understand, please."

"Why Connor?"

He hesitated a bit then said "I can't tell you everything right now, just stay away from him."

I shook my head.

"Please try to understand, Hazel."

"He's my friend Rafael."

He rolled his eyes "He is not your friend. He's dangerous."

"Dangerous? What does that mean? How is he dangerous?"

His jaw clenched "I can't fucking tell you, that's the problem."

"You can't tell me why I should stay away from him but you want me to end my friendship with him. Why are you doing this to me? He is the only friend I have."

"I know Hazel but he is not right. Something is definitely related between him and these attacks."

"I don't believe you. He is very nice. You were the one being rude to him."

"Yeah, I was being rude because he is not right."

"How can you say that? You have met him just once and you are blaming everything on him. He is the one who saved me."

He nodded "Fine. Do whatever the fuck you want. But from next time if you get in some trouble, I won't be there to save you."

With that he picked me up in bridal style and placed me on the bed then left the room.

The whole day Rafael didn't come back to the room even once, not even to see me, not even to ask how I am. The maid gave me my food and medicines, in the evening Dad too came to check on me but he didn't. Finally, at night he came in the room but didn't talk to me, he was behaving like we are complete strangers. He slept on his side of the bed I was feeling so lonely I wanted to talk to him but of course my ego won't allow me to apologize to him.

Getting up from the bed I placed a pillow on my side of the bed and covered it with the duvet. Slowly I managed to sneak out of the house without anyone noticing.

When I reached the park, I took a seat on my usual chair and took out a dark chocolate from my pocket but first time I didn't feel like having it.

I stared at the sky blankly.

"He is not talking to me. We had a fight in the morning since then he is behaving like I am some stranger, he didn't even come once to see me."

I bit my lips "He asked me to not talk to Connor but Connor is my friend why would he hurt me? I am sure Rafael is having some misunderstandings and moreover he just met Connor once how can he judge him by just one meeting."

"You guys tell me am I wrong to ask why is he asking me to stay away from my friend? We could've just talked this out like normal people but no he just needs a reason to fight with me."

"And what is wrong with me, why am I feeling sad about Rafael not talking to me? I mean I am used to staying alone or not talking. I am also used to people pushing me away. Why in this case I am feeling bad when he is pushing me away?"

"You know he is so meanie, he also said that he wouldn't come for my rescue further. I know I can protect myself but why did I feel bad when he said he won't come for my rescue? Why do I even need his help?"

What's wrong with me?

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

So for today it was double updates.
Hope you liked it.

The next one will be out soon till then... Stay safe.
Love u all❤️