𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓: 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

It felt like a miracle when a highly esteemed company had reached out to him to help him train, claiming his skills as immaculate and sought after by the best. Of course, there was the initial doubt and fear of rejection, failure and humiliation but the pride of having something he could call a talent 一his own talent一 took over and he accepted. The next few years were a flash of concerts, topping the charts, a level of fame people would kill for, he had it. It was amazing, the adrenaline pumping in his veins every time he stepped into the bright lights amidst the crowded space, barely able to hear his own voice over the screaming of the people that had gathered all for him. And just like that, decades passed, and he was relevant no more.

He didn't know how to feel, he didn't know what to feel, for it felt like his entire purpose in the world was to be perfect but now he had ruined his only chance and he was never going to be the same again! He was a failure meant to be destroyed who shouldn't have even tried to gain anything because he couldn't show people that he could fail, that he could make mistakes, oh no! That would be so utterly humiliating! He would be degraded for years on end until he is nothing but one with the earth.

But there are people who are doing so much worse than he could even imagine. How hypocritical and narcissistic was he to assume that he was struggling when people are suffering?! For god's sake he was an upper-class member in the 70s singing and dancing , whilst there are people literally starving and fighting for their lives and a country they might not even be able to return to. He tried to turn to the people he had trusted, but all they say is how easy he's had it, how he barely had to lift a finger while so many people are losing their minds over trying to get somewhere near his position.

Maybe they're right, maybe he was being dramatic, because why would he be upset? He's had everything, he has nothing to worry about? But he just couldn't let anyone see how wrecked he was on the inside, so he devised a plan, yes, a plan that worked perfectly. Nobody would know he was ever hurt in the first place, so he made up an entire fake persona, the persona being the person he used to be, hiding his true self under layers upon layers of false confidence ignoring all hurtful comments under fake smiles, pearly teeth and corny one-liners.

And it worked, he lost himself to the persona, trying his hardest to ignore any chance of hurt, any paranoia and insecurity in hopes to satisfy the 'audience' he made up in his mind, dropping anything he was interested in if he wasn't immediately perfect because he couldn't be a failure. He had won, he had managed to trick his own subconscious into accepting his façade as his actual personality.

But can winning really be considered an achievement if all it does is bring you misery?

What is a man, if he is afraid of the very thing that makes him human?

To answer your question, He is a husk.

A shell of broken promises and beautiful lies.

An empty vessel that could've once thrived. 

--

𝙢𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙧𝙤𝙮𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠,,,,, 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙝𝙤𝙬, 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙖 𝙄 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙘 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙄 𝙪𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙢, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙩 (𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙝𝙮𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙞𝙩) 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨

𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩: 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙, 𝙞 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨