Chapter 2 "Welcome to the pack."

Start from the beginning

"You took down five of our pack members." Luke reminded me. I just flashed him the 'duh' stare. I know what I did, some people need to learn how to get to the point faster. "Ordinarily, you'd be branded a rogue and locked up for good, but Hunter feels that your fighting skills could come in useful." Hunter feels like my fighting skills could come in useful? Has the pack finally caught up with the times and seen the error of their ways? That sounds much too good to be true.

"And that means?" I snapped. Patience wasn't my strong suit and Luke trying to keep it vague just pissed me off. Maybe vague isn't the right word for it. There were certain points I was sure he'd been purposely avoiding but there was no way for me to tell what exactly. I am not some kind of 21st century Sherlock Holmes.

With a short sigh Luke spoke. "Welcome to the pack." He said simply with a tone that was obviously an attempt at make this entire situation sound a little more up beat.

Uhh.... no. No way in hell. Pack life? Why not just lock me up somewhere and throw away the key. Actually when I think about it they're both the same thing.

"Nu-uh. Tell him to get his alpha ass in here. I'm an omega." I stated loudly.

"You're a rogue."

"And you're an idiot!" My voice had started to raise in pitch slightly, as it does when I get red-in-the-face annoyed. What do you expect? Steam to blow out of my ears? Give it a minute, it will happen.

"Will you calm-" Luke tried to sound relaxed yet demanding but knowing what he was going to say I cut him off.

"No! Get Hunter in here! Now!" I yelled just as the door opened. It slowly swung and hit the wall but all I could see was the persons shadow. It was obvious to me that it was Hunter by the way Luke bowed his head ever so slightly. Great, he's one of those alphas. Controlling, scare the living daylights out of everyone kind of guy. I can practically see the suns rays radiate off him.

"Good luck." Luke murmured, trying to hide what he was saying to me from his cousin. Fail. Hunter released a growl and Luke left the room with his eyes trained to the floor. Like I said, one of those alphas. Like father like son, right? Maybe the old Hunter was gone... When we were 15 this guy was the life of the party, now he strikes fear into peoples hearts. Who would have known?

I took the few short moments I had without anyone having their eyes on me to remove a hair pin that I quickly jabbed in to the handcuffs lock. Yes, beautiful and talented, I can pick a lock. Picking a lock without looking? A little more challenging, especially when what you're doing needs to go unseen and the person who shouldn't see it is only a few feet away from you.

After a few more seconds my ex best friend finally made an appearance into the dim light of the room, and might I say, little Hunter grew up. He looks like he's been hitting the gym religiously, the effects were clearly visible through his shirt. His face looked more defined, in fact his everything looked more defined. He was toned and tall and lean; not the 16 year old I left behind. His dark eyes looked different when they landed on me, filled with something I couldn't pinpoint. The boy had definitely become a man in my absence but enough of me oogling my used to be amigo.

"Nice to see you back, Alexandra." He smiled. To be quite honest he seemed to be looking me up and down too. Or is it side to side? Being a late bloomer, I didn't start filling out properly until I turned 16. I'm surprised that he even recognized me.

"It's just Alex now." I replied quickly. I saw a silent look of approval on his face but it was fleeting and quickly replaced by a smirk that was only recognizable as something slightly mischievous.

"Well, you know, I dont think you should be dressed in such... revealing clothes." I heard a slight edge to his voice and squinted my eyes at him. I glared. My clothes were not that revealing. Ill have him know that what I was wearing was once a longer skirt, until I tore it to mid-thigh scaling a fence last month, and my shirt shrunk in the wash when Cameron tried and failed to do laundry last week at the house we were squatting in. Omegas don't exactly have the funds for shopping sprees.