Chapter Six

Thomas's POV

"Why would you lie to them like that?" Teresa asked me. "You told them that there would be a chance of them being safe but there is no chance whatsoever of that happening."

"I had to. In order to cure this leech of a disease that has been killing off millions of people, I lied to one person. I think it is worth it." I reply being fully honest with her.

"You are going to have to go in tomorrow, then them half way through the month, and then me the week after they arrive."

"I know." I reply to her comment.

Teresa's eyes fill with tears.

"Hey." I wrap her in a hug and hope that it is comforting. "It is for the better ok?"

"Too bad that we won't be able to remember that." Teresa huffs under her breath.

I stand here holding her in an embrace.

"I love you." I whisper in Teresa's ear.

"I love you more than that." She replies.

I pull her even closer towards me and when her lips hit mine I feel a rush of energy and emotions through my body. I can't believe I am going to give her, and everything else that I know up. I pull away. She looks hurt.

"I can't... I can't become so addicted... that I decide I don't want to go in." I try to explain myself.

"Thomas, I don't wanna go in. But I want to save millions of lives."

"Me too." I mumble.

"Oh, and Thomas."

"Yes Teresa."

"Remember this for me ok?"

"What?"

"WICKED.... is good."