Chapter Twenty-eight

Thomas's POV

(Songs for this chapter:
I'm not the only one: Sam Smith
Unconditionally: Katy Perry)

The smile that had spread across Minho's face sent a chill down my spine. It clearly surprised Katniss as well.

"Um...ok." She says uncomfortably.

We turn to head for the door once again. Every step I take sends pain shooting through my spine. It takes every ounce of my strength not to scream in pain. We are heading to the weapons compartment in the closet. I look at my watch. It's- 9:30? Why are the runners still here? Well, just because Minho is still here doesn't mean the others didn't leave. I make it to the middle of the glade, close to the box, and I have to stop for a minute. I- it hurts so bad. I could fall down right here in the middle Glade in front of everyone and just... cry.

"Thomas? You OK?" Katniss asks.

"I- ya. It just hurts a little bit." I respond. That was one of the biggest lies ever.

"Are you sure? You look like you could pass out right about now." Minho says.

That's when a rush of nausea rushes over me. I squat down. I have one hand on the ground, keeping me steady. I try so hard not to puke up everything right here, right now. I swallow hard.

"Thomas?" Katniss asks.

I guess she forgot about my scars from the fire because she walks up to me and lays her hand on my shoulder. I can't take it. I scream and crouch even lower.

"Oh... sorry. I forgot." She says.

"Are you...um... gonna die?" Minho asks. "Or puke, cause if so then just let me know and I'll take like three steps bac-"

That was it. I couldn't hold it. I run to the nearest bathroom that is next to the building sector of the Glade and puke everywhere. Every time I think I'm done I'll try to sit up, sending more pain through my spine making me puke even more. Finally, finally, I'm able to stand up without getting sick. I sigh deeply and wipe my mouth with my hand. I lean my head against the wall in the bathroom stall. I hear the door open.

"Thomas? Can I um.. come in?" Katniss asks.

"I guess." I say.

Katniss appears at the door to the stall.

"You OK?" She asks.

"Uh... you could say that." I say.

"Do need to go sit down?"

"I think I'm fine, lets just go see you shoot."

"Oh, OK."

I follow Katniss out of the bathroom and find Peeta and Minho waiting outside of the door. They both seem to be extremely pale.

"Katniss, next time you're gonna have to listen to him puke, not us." Minho grumbles.

She lets out a slight giggle. "OK."

"And you." Minho says pointing to me. "Stop wasting all of our food."

I let a smile spread across my face. "You got it."

We head over to the closet where we store the runners' supplies is kept. Minho heads down the stairs of the trap door.

"So... what exactly can you shoot?" He asks.

"A bow." She responds.

A chill runs down my spine.

That's what Alby shot Ben with. I think to myself.