Chapter one hundred and three

Start from the beginning

"Who are you? Want do you want?" I asked keeping my stance firmly defensive and perhaps a little aggressive, I get that from my master I guess. The figure moved and reached up, gasping a a hood before dropping it down. I lowered my blades and stood a little taller when I saw their face. Pale skin, white hair, this was Ari's friend from before.

"Damien..?" I questioned not wanting to let my guard down just yet. The young man flicked the lights on so I could see him better I presume and took a step inside with his hands raised. This was someone Ari had cared dearly for so I didn't want to cause any kind of scene - not to mention it would scare the baby.

"Easy lady Ahsoka: I merely wish to talk," He spoke with a level of formality I'd never grow used to. Easing up my grip I lowered my blades and even switched one off. He tilted his head and gave me a little frown I didn't understand. "..,you didn't read her letter did you?" He asked out the blue, catching me by surprise as I thought hard on what he meant.

What letter was there for me to read? I couldn't recall any, who sends letters anyway, it's 20 BBY, we have the holonet. He had to be referring to something else, something I've forgotten.

"The letter from Ari...you didn't read it did you," he added clarifying what was meant. I dropped my unignited blade to the floor and switching the other off as I realised what he meant. That letter, the one I couldn't bring myself to read. "...I know it's hard, but you really must read it...there's...a lot in there." He added as he took another slow step towards me. I however was no longer looking his way and instead down at the floor.

"...no I didn't read it...I don't want to..." I replied with all the honesty left in my heart. That letter hadn't moved from the day I placed it in my bedroom cabinet, it was still there with the powered down little droid she'd built for me. There was no way I could stand looking at either of those items knowing she made them for me fully aware she was about to die...

"Lady Ahsoka...I understand this is hard, but you simply must read the letter." Damien spoke as he knelt down before me then sat fully on the floor right there before me. Looking up I swept a rear I hadn't realised I'd shed from my eye and took a deep breath.

"I can't...that letter holds her last words...I can't bare to read those..." I admitted with a heavy pain in my heart. Loosening Ari was the worst thing I'd ever been through, she was so important to me and now she was gone...

"Ahsoka..." Damien spoke again while taking my hand and steadying it as if trembled. Looking up I met his eyes and saw something else within them, something I'd seen in Ari's before. "...for the future of our galaxy, you need to read that letter."

That look in his eyes, it was the same one I'd seen in Ari's before she died...

He'd seen a glimpse of the future, there was no other explanation for that look he held...

(Y/n)'s pov

"Oh my gods Anakin that was..." I trailed not having the words to describe the bliss I felt as I lay there beside him catching my breath. His arm wrapped around my waist he pulled me in a a bit closer to his chest and kissed the top of my head lovingly. This man, this incredible man, it was hard to believe I now had the fortune of calling him my husband.

"I know my Angel, I'm amazing," he chuckled in response to which I gave him a playful elbow to the ribs and pressed my lips into a pout. He mocked up a look of shock in response and feigned a response of pain to which I rolled my eyes. "Okay alright: you're amazing my love." He added on to his previous response while leaning down and kissing from my earlobe to my jaw, his lips like as a feather against my skin,