Chapter 17

~~Angel pov~~
As Sophia and I walk down the dirt path, I wonder if I should ask her about her family. Not to be nosy, just a little curious. We continue walking when I hear the familiar sound of the waterfall. I instantly start running like a little kid.

"Sophia hurry up hurry up".
"Alright I'm coming ". She said running after me. We soon get to the lake and I feel at peace. All the memories come to my mind.

~~Flash back~~
"Mommy can we go to the lake". I say sitting on the porch watching my mother pick flowers.
"Sure sweetie". She gets up off the ground and dusts her hands off on her pants. We walk in the house and pack a lunch and hit the road. We drive for about a hour until the familiar trees come into view as we near our destination.
"Yayyy. We're almost here". My mother laughs. "Ready for a day full of adventure".
"Ready. Mom, I was was born ready".
We reach the destination and I jump out the car eager to have some fun.
"Woahh, slow down to get. You might fall and hurt yourself."
"Yes ma'am mother"

We walk down the usual path and reach the lake. We sit down and pull out the lunch we brought with us. I sit down on the soft and blanket and dig in. Man, I love my mother's pasta. We continue eating until I hear my mom's voice.

"Come on Angel let's go tire jumping". I smile and nod. There is a old tree that has a tire with a rope on it. We swing from the tire and jump in the lake. Since then we just called it tired jumping.

After hours of tire jumping we finally get tired. We get out and wrap ourselves in towels. "That was fun wasn't it. "
"Oh yeah. The best. Can we come backtomorrow ".
"I don't know about tomorrow. But maybe another time". We just sit and talk about random things and laugh.

Soon it gets dark and we pack up and head back to the car.

~~~Flashback over~~~

"You ok there". I snap back to reality to see Sophia standing beside me.
"Yeah why wouldn't I be".
"Cuz you were standing there smiling like an idiot".
"Oh". I lay down the blanket I brought with me and sit down putting the lunch in front of me. I pat the spot next to me for Sophia to sit down. She sits down next to me and I pull out the lunch.

~~Sophia pov~~

I'm currently walking down the dirt path in my own thoughts when suddenly I hear "Sophia, hurry up hurry up". I look up to see Angel running.

"Alright I'm comming", I say running after him. We soon get to a beautiful lake. I am in complete awe. The scenery is so freaking beautiful.

I look to Angel. He has the biggest smile on his face. Awwwww. I look around and see a beautiful tree that has a tire swing attached to it. This place is too good to be true. I look to Angel and see his beckoning to sit next to him.

I sit down with a smile. He pulls out some pasta, tuna sandwiches, and fruit along with some water. I think about what Angel meant when he said " But she's gone now". I wonder what happened.

"Hey Angel"
"Yeah"
"What happened to your mom"

It's silent for a while until he speaks up.
"Umm. She uhh.... She". It gets quiet again.
"It's ok. You don't have to tell me. I understand if it's personal "
"No. I need to talk to someone one". I nod my head to continue.
"She died a long time ago. My dad too".
"I'm sorry", is all I say.
"Its okay".
"So why did you want to come here".
"Ever since my parents died. I would come here on the day of their death. This is the first time I brought someone here with me. Its usually me by myself".

I felt special when he said that.
"They must have meant a lot to you".
"Yeah. Especially my mom. I was the closest to her. We had this bond that was inseparable".
"I wish I had that bond with my mom".

We then fall into a comfortable silence looking at the clouds.

~~Angel pov~~

It's feels good to good to have someone here with me and someone to talk to.

I suddenly the feeling to go tire jumping. I jump and take off my shirt.
"Woah!! What are you doing?."
"I'm going tire jumping".
"What's tire jumping?".
"It's easy. You see that tire right there".
"Yeah"
"It's easy. You pull the tire as far back as you can. And when you're far enough, you run and jump in the water.

She looks at me as if I'm crazy.
"But that waters probably freezing "
"Girl, it's warm outside. That water ain't cold. Now come on".

~~Sophia pov~~

"Girl, it's warm outside. That water ain't cold. Now come on".
"Ok. But turn around"
"Why", he says with a smirk
"I don't want you looking at me"
"Fiiiiinnneeeee", he says and turns around.

I finish and say "You can turn around now". He turns around and looks me up and down.
"Take a picture, it'll last longer".
"Maybe I should".
"Come on silly boy"

We then go tire jumping.

-------------------------

After countless hours of tire jumping we get out so we can dry off. He hands me a towel and I wrap it around my body and lay down .
"Thanks".
"No problem".

-Few min later-

I hear faint leaves crunch. Its probably just a rabbit or something so I rub it off. A few mins later it happens again. I listen closely. It sounds like tires crunching against leaves. I sit up immediately.

~~Angel pov~~

I'm interrupted out of my daydream when I see Sophia sit up abruptly.
"What's wrong "
"You didn't hear that "
"Nahh. Its probably nothing"
"You sure".
"Yeah".
"Ok"

~~Sophia pov~~

I lays back down and calm down. No longer than 5 min later I heard it again.
"Angel is there supposed to be anybody here with us"
"No, why"
"I feel like somebody's here with us"

He then sits up too.

"What time is it"
"Umm almost 5:00"

My eyes go wide. I get up and put on my clothes.

"Why are you leaving"
"I.. I have to go"
"Why?"

I don't answer. I just head back towards the direction we came in.
"Sophia. What's going on"
I ignore him and keep going.
" Sophia why are you running".

Again, i ignore him. I see the dirt path and run even faster. I get to Angel's car and see my dad's car puling up. I freeze. Literally, I can't  even move my feet.

Cliffhanger
-To be continued in next chapter-

A/N: I've always wanted to do that. Who do you guys think she saw?
Comment, vote, and follow

P.S. Recommend my book to others

Peace out weirdos ✌
Love Tori