Chapter 14

~Recap~(Angel pov)

I stand there for a while thinking about Sophia, I also think about what Brittany said. I don't think I'm a bad guy. I would never hurt Sophia. She is too precious. Like my little Angel. I smile at that thought
~~~~~~~

~Angel pov~

I didn't realize how long I'd been standing there until I hear somebody say " You just gonna stand and smile like an idiot or are you gonna leave so I can do my job."

I feel my cheeks get hot. " Yes sir I'll leave"
J-janitor A-Angel

J- who's the lucky girl
A- Her name is Sophia
J- Oh yeah, I know her. Straight A student. I know her parents too. Great people
A- I didn't know she made straight A's.
J- Yep, she gotta make 'em if she want to get into Harvard
A- Harvard? Why?
J- Ever since she was little her parents always talked about getting her into that college. They had her whole future plan. They weren't too strict on her. They always told her to be her own person.
A-Wow
J- Yea, but things have changed since she got adopted.
A- She's adopted?
J- Yea. Tell ya what, how bout when I'm done here. We can talk about this at my house. Okay?
A-Sounds good. I'll wait outside.
J- Alright

I then walk out the room and go outside and sit on the steps of the school. 10 minutes later he comes out.

"You can follow me there ".

I get up and head to my truck. I get in and a thought comes to mind. My parents always preached to me about safe driving. Crazy how I'm just now thinking about this, Right?. I feel like they are with me in the truck right now. So I check my mirrors and put on my seatbelt. Then I start the engine.

Janitor guy pulls out the school parking lot and I follow him. On the way I think about what he said. He knows Sophia's parents. Sophia is adopted. She was gonna go to Harvard law school. I'm so confused

I pull to a Victorian style house. Wow. Fancy. I'm so fancy you already know, I'm in the fast lane from L.A to Tokyo. Okay now Angel, get it together. I get out the truck and walk up to the house. He fumbles with the keys for a while, then finally opens the door.

Now that I think about it, I don't even know this guys name and I came to his house. I walk inside and to my left is a beautiful living room. "Nice place"

"Thanks. I decorated it myself"

"Good job"

"Sit down son". I take a seat on one of the chairs and he sits across from me."So...... "I trail off. "Evan. My name is Evan."

"Okay Evan, can you tell me why Sophia is adopted".
E- Evan A-Angel

It's awhile before he speaks.
E- Okay, Sophia's parents were unstable. Very unstable. They spent most of their money on unnecessary things. They couldn't take care of her so they put her in a orphanage.
A- Why didn't you take her in?
E- At the time, I wasn't ready for a kid. I could barely take care of myself.
A- Are you somewhat related to Sophia.
E- No. But I'm a close friend of her parents.
A-What kind of work did her parents do

He has a look on his face that says 'Should I tell him or not'
E- I don't think I should tell you. Her adopted parents need to tell you. They know more than I do.
A- Does she know that she is adopted?
E- No, We thought it was better if she didn't know.
A- Are her adopted parents Abigail and Robert Alberto.
E- Yea how'd you know
A-Uhh... I looked them up on the laptop. It's for a school project
E- What's it about?

Dang, what am I supposed to say?

A-Somebody you admire. I couldn't think of anybody so I asked Ms. Macy, she works at the gas station down the street. She told me about.
E-Sighh

I feel my phone vibrate and I see a txt from Josh saying 'meeting at headquarters @ 6'. I reply 'Alright'.

I look at the time and see it's 5:45. Man, I've been here too long.

A- Umm, Evan it's time for me to go
E- Alright. It was nice talking to you.

I got up and headed to the door. I get in my truck and drive to the headquarters. I get there in 10 minutes. I walk to the meeting room and take a seat.

Everyone looks at me and I'm like 'What?'.
Josh- what new stuff do you have for today
Me- "Ohh. Well I found out that Sophia is adopted. Her life was okay until she got adopted by Abigail and Robert."
Boss-"What's the news did you get on Abigail and Robert"
Me-"All I got were a bunch of crimes that they committed. Most were the ones at the hospital and the other ones were random places "
Alec-"How are we gonna bust them"
Boss-"We got to get enough dirt on them first. So far, we have the crimes at the hospital and the random places"
Me-"What about them being involved with the drug business. And what about Sophia. They forced het to be in the business.
Josh-" We gotta get proof that they forced her".
Boss-" Angel have you and Sophia been hanging out lately"
Angel-"No sir"
Boss-"And why not"
Angel-I dont really know
Boss-Well you need to find out. Is that clear ?"
Angel- Yes sir.
Boss- Dismissed.

I walk out the room and go outside. Its getting cloudy and I feel raindrops on my head. I run to the truck and get in. I sit there for a while and think. How am I supposed to get Sophia to hang out with me? My brain is so confused right now. I don't know what to do.

I start the engine and drive home. I get there in no time and rush inside. I walk upstairs to my room and watch tv. I get bored.and decide to take a shower. I do my usual hygiene and get out. I dry myself off and put on some pajamas. I walk to the kitche and fix a sandwhich. I walk to the living room and sit on the couch and turn on the tv.

No good channels are on so i decide to put in a movie. I put in Toy Story. I know its childish but its my favorite movie. I finish the sandwhich and relax on the couch. I end up falling asleep halfway through the movie.