Chapter 16

~Angel pov~

I wake up feeling sad. I don't feel like getting out of bed. I get up anyways and take a shower. On the way past i see a circle marked around a date on my calendar. I walk towards it and see it my parents death anniversary. My mood instantly changes. I slowly walk to the bathroom and turn the water on. Once its warm enough i get in. I do my hygiene stuff and get out. I dry myself off and walk to my closet. I put on my clothes and everything else.

I decide on going to the cafe. I get there and get greeted by the owner Ms. Lauren. "Hey Angel,what can I getcha today". (Lauren is Angel's aunt) "The usual please". She nods as nd runs off to the kitchen. I sit in my usual seat and a few min later my order comes to me. I dig in right away.

"You must be a hungry boy huh". "What makes you say that". " Look at your plate hun". I look down an see I'm almost finished. "Guess so".

"What's wrong, talk to me". She takes a seat in front of me. "Well, today is my parents death anniversary." "Oh right" she looks at me with a sad look."Yeah", I sighh
"You know its not your fault", she says
"I can't help but feel like it is. If i hadn't just sat there and let the truck hit us. They would still be alive"
"I know sweetie, she rubs my back soothingly.
"I miss them so much. I wish it was me that died instead of them".
" Don't say that. You have so much to live for. Don;t blame yourself.".
"How can i not blame myself. I just sat there and let the freaking truck hit us. I should have moved", I shout with tears on my face. Everyone looks at us.
"Calm your voice down boy"
"Sorry" i say quieter " If it wasn't for me, they would still be alive. I wouldn't be in a stupid gang. My life would be normal". I cry in her shoulders.
"Cheer up. Its gonna be ok. I'm here for you. You know that don't you". She hugs me tightly.
"Yeah. Thanks aunt Lauren. I needed a hug".
"No problem. I gotta get back to work now alright".
"Okay". I sigh.

She gets up and goes to greet another customer. I finish the rest of my food and just sit there. I check the time and see it's 9:00. I might as well not go to school. I just sit there and think

~Sophia pov~

I wake to a quiet house. Strange. Usually I wake to breakfast cooking downstairs and snoring. But not today. I get out the bed and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I'm not liking what I see.
I look horrible. I sniff my arm pits and I stink.

I turn on the shower to the right temperature. I undress and hop in. Few min later, I get out and wrap myself in a towel. I walk to my closet and pick out my outfit for the day. (Outfit above)

I get dressed and walk downstairs. I walk in the kitchen and fix a bowl of Cap'N' Crunch. I finish the cereal and put the bowl in the sink. I brush my teeth then do my hair and makeup(pic above). Afer i finishd that i went downstairs, grabbed my keys and out the door I went. Since I didn't eat breakfast, I decide that I will go to the cafe.

I pull up, get out and walk in. I stand in line. Out the corner of me eye, I see Angel with a concentrated look on his face, probably in deep thought. I see that it is my turn to order, I go up to the register and order waffles and bacon. I know i could have cooked this at home, but i like their food better. Not that i can't cook, but ya know. Anyways after i order i take a seat in my usual spot.

I debate on going to see if Angel is okay or not. It would be rude if i interrupted him. Soon my plate comes to me and let me tell you, it sure smells yummy. I instantly dig in. I hear a laugh and look up only to see Angel looking at me with an amused look on his face. I smile back shly and continue eating. I finish my food and the waiter comes by and grabs it, also handing me the bill.

I pay the bill with my credit card and get up. As I'm walking out the door, I hear someone call my name. I turn around to see Angel calling me. I got to his table and sit down.

"Hey"
"Hey, are you going to school today"
" Uhh, No since im kinda late for first period. Why?"
" I wanted to know if you would like to hang out with me"
"Sure"
" Ok, let's go then"

A smile appears on his face. I smile back That smile is so contagious.

" Sophiaa, come on"
" Are you even listening"

I snap back into reality. "Im sorry what"
" I said let's go then"
"Right"

He grabs my hand and drags me to his car. The sudden contact of his hand makes me blush madly. My face probably looks like a tomato. He opens the door for me and I get in. He walks around and gets in the driver seat.

" I never knew you were such a gentleman"
"Well, I try"

I see that we are getting on a interstate. We soon get off and get on a dirt path road

"Uhh, Angel, where are you taking me".
He turns to me with a smile.
"You'll see"

A few min later we are in the woods.
"Why are we in the woods "
"There's a lake down this path. My Mom used to take me here when.I was little"
"Oh cool. Does she still take you?".
"No. She's gone", He says barely as above a whisper. I still heard it.

We get out the car and start walking down the dirt path. As I'm walking I think about what he said, "No. She's gone" . I wonder what happened to her?