"I can't believe she chose to court coven scum– Oof!"

Evelyn elbowed Kyle's side, Hunter smiling a half-smile before facing forwards frowning, pulling the helmet down once more.

"Yeah, neither can I."

Evelyn glared at her husband, the male shrugging as the woman moved forwards to place a hand on his shoulder.

"Hunter–"

She was cut off by the double doors of the testing chamber opening, the Head of the Healing Coven walking out with a grim look and a few glass jars filled with a red substance in one of their hands, a couple of other vials in the other hand.

All their expressions dropped, panicked as Evelyn gasped slightly, muttering a soft 'no'. The three watched in horror, Hunter's anxiety entering as the guilt seeped in, his mind darting back to his uncle's promise.

He promised.

Kyle yanked Hunter's cloak, pulling him out of the trance as Evelyn tried to hold her husband back.

"If she is gone," Kyle growled tears growing. "I won't hesitate to end you."

"Kyle, he's a kid. He will make mistakes," Evelyn glared at her husband, pulling Hunter away from him as she stood defensively in front of the boy.

"Don't forget that we are all mortal, we all make mistakes."

Kyle sighed before rushing towards the double doors, going ahead to look for guards as Evelyn placed a hand on Hunter, the teenage male letting out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in.

"I'm sorry about my husband."

"What?" Hunter looked up, confused.

"My husband, he was always treated like a monster. He was only treasured for his blood. When he found out that his daughter was just like him, he swore to protect her with his life." 

Evelyn glanced softly at her husband. 

"Hearing this news was like his worst nightmare coming true. He never wanted what happened to him, happen to her," Evelyn sighed. "He can get carried away, but we all make mistakes. I know you just wanted the best for her, didn't you?"

Hunter nodded, looking down.

"Yeah, most people want the best for their partner. You just didn't know this would happen. It's all alright. I'll talk to him about this later."

It wasn't long before a whistle entered both their ears, the two instantly looking towards Kyle who had peered from around the corner of the large wooden doors.

"The coast is clear," He whisper-shouted.

Evelyn nodded before pulling her helmet down.

"Come on, you gotta make things right with my daughter," She smiled back at Hunter, the boy feeling her smile although he couldn't see it.

The two entered the room, Hunter gasping as he looked around, never in his life has he entered the testing chambers. Belos absolutely forbid it. 

The group pulled their helmets off, looking around cautiously.

"This place is huge..." He muttered, Evelyn frowning at the imprisoned creatures. It wasn't long before Kyle began sniffing around, eyes snapping open once he picked up his daughter's scent.

"This way," He cocked his head, the group nodding as they followed.

They passed a couple of chambers, testing chairs placed within before they spotted an occupied chamber, a familiar brunette in it, unconscious, while bandages were wrapped all around her arms. Her shirt was lifted as more of the white strips of cloth were around her abdomen, slight red leaking through.