Day Sixty

It has been two months since I came to Maine and my life hasn’t been better. Ever. It seriously felt as if I just started over my life. Which in my case, was good.

The whole summer in Italy is basically forgotten as in Finn hasn’t mentioned it and Dakota has stopped bugging me about that picture. As for me though, the problem still runs through my head. Not to mention that just last week Dakota added my brothers to the list, which meant little Katie would be here at the wedding. And lets just say, that little Katie looks A LOT like her dad.

Right now though, I don’t have to worry about that. No, I get to worry about the fact that I’m about to pick up Katelyn, ya know, Adams sister. I’m standing in the spot Adam stood two months ago, holding a small-ish sign that has her name on it and listening to Cake.

“Oh my god!” I hear a screech and pull out my ear buds, assuming that the plane had landed. It had, “I was so right!” I found the owner of the voice then and stood shocked. She hadn’t changed a bit. I mean, yes, she did, obviously. But her hair was the same dark brown, her skin the perfect tan with dazzling blue eyes.

“right about what?” I ask as she approaches me.

"You being the same Juliana as before. Like the room?” my mouth practically fell to the floor when she says this. I think back to that summer and don’t recall once telling her my name was Juliana. Then I think about when I first saw the room and thought that she remembered me. That had left my mind since I reminded myself that it couldn’t have been me, she didn’t know my name, it was just a coincidence with the colors.

“what did you just call me?”

“Juliana? That is your name right? Juliana Skye Richards.” She sounds so sure of herself.

I gulp, “um” I look anywhere but at her and settle on the screen behind her, “how-how did you know that?”

“oh! Oh! I never told you. Haha, this is awkward now…”

“yeah, very much so. and you have a lot of explaining to do on the way to the house.” We pick up her suite cases and toss them into the back of Adam’s car (it was amazing that he finally allowed me to drive it.).

“so, explanation?” I ask, pulling out of the parking lot.

“well, I don’t remember it all that clearly. But I recall sneaking into your guys’ room in France. I was looking some jewelry to wear. You always had the prettiest necklaces. I just came across your passport and well, you know the rest.”

There were thousands of questions zooming through my head, but only one that was important, “did you tell your brother Katelyn?”

“no, of course not. I may have been ten but I wasn’t stupid.”

I let out a sigh of relief, “okay, so some ground rules then. Call me Juliana from now on, or Julie, or Julia, or even Jules. But never ever, ever Skye. Got it?” she nods, “don’t talk about that summer and defiantly don’t be like ‘hey, do you remember….?’ Cause to everyone at the house, I don’t. do you understand?”

“so you’re telling me that my brother doesn’t know he is dating the girl of his dreams? And I mean literally of his dreams there.”

“pretty much.”

“oh, and I won’t say anything. Your secret is safe with me.”

“thanks.”

It was then that I notice her accent and I giggle to myself, “what’s funny?” she asks.

“sorry,” I say, between laughs, “it’s just, you have such a stronger accent than your brother and sometimes when…” I pause, “sometimes he tries to use his accent and totally fails and I really don’t know where I’m going with this.”