Day Two-Morning

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me.

“Rise and Shine!” Dakota screams, jumping on top of me. my eyes pop open just to see her stumble off the bed, “ow, that was loud.” she was holding her head and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“rise and shine to you too.” I smile at her and stand up, stepping over Dakotas feet.

“hey, hey! Wait!” she says, chasing after me.

I stop in the middle of the hallway at the top of the stairs, “yes?”

“wait. Let me-what the fuck did I drink last night?!”

“I have no clue Dakota.”

“oh, yeah, so what happened between you and Adam?”

“we talked. Why do you ask?”

she glances down the hall at the two other bedroom doors that were still shut and then back to me, “I don’t know, there just seems to be something between you guys. Finn sees it too. Like a really tight connection or something.” She pauses, "You know, when Adam first got here he asked if I knew a Skye.”

“well, do you?”

“no, no I don’t. But I do know a Juliana Skye and it just so happens that the picture he showed me of this girl looked an awfully like you. Except, she had black hair and violet eyes and was a bit more- scratch that, a lot more tan.”

“hmm, interesting. I guess the sayings right in that we all have a twin out there.”

“yeah, that’s what I thought, until I saw you guys together and you just clicked. Then last night while dancing it hit me, you never showed me any picture with you in them, nor did you tell me the name of the guy you met or really what happened at all. So I’m asking you this, trusting that you’ll for once tell me the truth. Are you Skye?”

I didn’t know what to say. When did my friend become so smart? “whatever you had last night really got to you, huh?”

“so no?”

“not that I recall.”

“well, okay then, maybe I’m just crazy.”

“I could have told you that one long before.”

Finn walked out of Adams room with Adam close behind.

“morning ladies,” Finn says all properly, joking of course.

Dakota jumps at him, "You! What the hell did you give me to drink last night!” Finn just shrugs and walks down the stairs with Dakota chasing him.

Adam and I just stood there silent, waiting for the other to speak. After about a minute I walk back to my room to finish unpacking. I get to the end of the bag where a folder lay flat. It was that tan color that they have around offices with my name written neatly on the front. Inside was the memories I would cherish forever and keep close to my heart, but no closer than that.

A tear fell down my cheek and I jump at the sound of a knock at my door.

“breakfast is ready Juliana,” I hear Adam say.

“okay, I’ll be right down.”

I quickly shuffle the pictures together and put them back into the folder just as Adam opens the door, “I was hoping-“ he stops a few feet in, staring down at something on my floor. I follow his eyes to my first ultrasound lying there for all to see.

“close the door!” I hiss at him and he does just that, still frozen in his spot.

“are you-“ he starts but ends at a loss for words.

“no, I’m not. But I was.” I tell him. I pick up the ultrasound and slide it back into the folder, "You can’t mention this to anyone, got it, anyone.” I tell him, standing up.

“but, what about- doesn’t Dakota know?”

“no, she doesn’t, and she’s not going to know anytime soon.”

“on one condition.” He says, taking a step closer to me.

“what?”

“actually two.”

“two conditions?” I ask, making sure I was on the right track.

“yeah.”

“okay, throw them at me.”

“first, you have to tell me what happened.” I glare at him, not wanting to get into it, “I’m not saying right now, I’m just saying you can’t toss this on me and not expect me to want an explanation.”

I sigh, “fine.”

“and, you’re going out with me tonight.”

“like a date?”

“yes”

"You can’t force someone to go on a date.”

“I’m not forcing. There are other options here. I’m sure Dakota would be very excited to know that you had a-“

“don’t.” I cut him off, “okay, a date. You win.”

“4, tonight.” He says before starting to leave.

"You know, you’re one hell of a blackmailing jerk.”

“and you’re one damn secretive rebel.” He smiles at me and then continues down to breakfast.

How the heck did I get myself into this?!?!! I come here for my best friends wedding and I end up going on a date with my daughters’ father; my ex.