Chapter 12

Warning: Slight self-harm

Please don't read if you're uncomfortable. Like I said in my previous sad chapter, I don't want to traumatise or hurt you dudes.

Ok, enjoy reading... I guess.

Marco

I was shocked. I looked in disbelief as Ace laid on the ground, a pool of blood under his wrist and a small knife beside it. I bent down to him and then lifted him in my arms before carrying him to the medical bay.

"Curiel! Help! Ace..."

Later

I sat next to Ace as he laid in his bed. His wrist was bandaged and a thin tube connected_ his wrist to a blood bag hung on the stand. Ace, you...

"Marco, is he okay?"

I turned to see Sanji at the door, holding a plate of risotto and a bowl of special seaweed soup. He then entered and placed the dishes on the desk.

"Oh, thank you, Sanji. Sorry for the trouble." I thanked Sanji.

"No, no. It's okay. Besides, we've been through this before." He said.

I nodded appreciatively. I remembered they had been through this with Luffy, Nami and the cook himself.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Sanji asked.

"Nothing. Just..." I answered, staring at Ace.

"Ace can get through. I know it." He said.

"Well, he's a tough kid so I guess he could get through. Thanks, Sanji-kun." I thanked, smiling at him.

He nodded acceptingly and left the room. I looked back at Ace and clasped his hands. Ace, don't worry. I'll be with you throughout. Don't forget that.

Ace

A small figure was in front of me. A shadow of it, specifically. It looked young like 11 or 12 years old. Its eyes stared into mine and I could feel... rue and loneliness. The feelings that I had as a kid. It then spoke to me as if it knew me. It's like I've seen this dream before... I didn't quite catch the answer until a very familiar line left its lips. "Let's sail together someday, Ace!" Sail... Sabo? Is this... the same dream from that time?

"Sabo," I mumbled.

The shadow ran further. I chased after it, hoping to catch it. It kept running further as soon as I caught up to it. It's like it didn't want to bother me or something.

"Wait, Sabo. Wait for me," I called out to him as he ran and I kept slowing down in speed.

Then, as I ran further into the dream, there was a familiar cliff with light green grass. This... this is the same cliff I sat to look at the ocean. Then, the shadow, without hesitation, ran towards the cliff and jumped off. I, not wanting to lose sight of the shadow, jumped off too. I reached out my hand to it and tried to grab its hand.

""Sabo, grab my hand." I told him but he didn't.

Instead, it smiled and spread out its limbs as he sank to the ocean depths. "Don't worry. We'll see each other someday. Not soon but someday." I was falling closer to the ocean surface. My body was going to get smacked into the ocean when a hand suddenly shook me. Who is it? Where is the touch coming from?

"Ace, wake up!" A voice exclaimed.

I woke up with shock, breathing heavily, tears staining my cheeks unconsciously and the eyes of a familiar pineapple head staring at me with worry.

"Ace, you ok? Was it a dream? What happened?" Marco spammed at me.

"M-Marco... Sabo... spoke to me, telling me I'll see him," I told him, not really knowing what to say.

Marco's eyes widened in disbelief. I looked away, wiping the tears off my cheeks and biting my lower lip to try and hold back tear droplets that were ready to flow out.

"Anyway, I'm fine now. You... you can go." I told him.

He didn't move at all. Instead, he sat there in a subconscious daze. We then heard the door open and Luffy entered.

"Ace, is it that incident again? Good thing you didn't bleed a lot like last time. Also, that dream reoccurred, right?" He asked.

I nodded in response and he walked up to me before hugging me tightly.

"Although we both act like immature kids, I'm always the mature one at times. And... You're not alone. You've got me, Marco, your crew, my crew and you even got yourself. Don't take those for granted or they might be taken away from you like what happened with Thatch. For Sabo, I can't say for sure but if he's really out there, then we'll find him and we'll be together again." He assured me, hugging me and comforting me as he spoke in a strangely soothing tone.

I slightly smiled and looked at Marco, who was gazing at me with his eyes, conveying a mutual message. I love you.

Later

After eating the cold risotto and seaweed soup, Sanji came in again with refreshments. Luffy, as usual, got told off by him to get his own food in the galley. Sanji looked at us and chuckled.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just remembered something. Ok, I'll leave you to your privacy, then." He said before closing the door.

Marco and I exchanged looks and seconds later, giggled childishly. We talked for a while as we drank the drinks prepared by Sanji. Well, until we find a new chef, Sanji will have to cook for us and his nakama.

"Ace?" Marco called.

"Yeah?" I answered.

He moved to my lips and kissed. It wasn't really passionate, though. It was soft, gentle and quick. He pulled away and cupped my face.

"You're so cute. Cute to the point that if I had to choose between my idol or you, I would choose the first option because you are my idol," He commented, making me blush.

"Marco, you idiot! You have to do it when I'm at my most vulnerable!" I whined to him as I nudged his shoulder while he laughed.

And, it was officially a day and everyone had retired to their beds. Well, except Marco and I. We needed to do something important first.

[End]