Chapter 9.5

Marco

It's just another day in my office with paperwork. I felt annoyed with a touch-starved Ace hugging my waist. What did I do to deserve this, Kami-sama?

Flashback

After we confessed to each other, Ace has been very clingy. Clingy to the point he would hold me by the waist. It was a terrifying experience. Not only that but he is protective. Once, a girl tried to hit on me at a bar and Ace almost killed her then. Thankfully, I was there to stop him. Soon, I made it an advantage. I proposed a deal to Ace, telling him I won't marry him if he continues to be like this. Since then, he never hurt anybody or held onto me like his life depended on me. I sighed. I regretted that but I had to make it stop because it might get worse in the future. Anyway, he has a lot of duties now so I should be fine-

"Marco~!"

I then felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. I grunted and turned my head to see Ace on me.

"A-Ace?! What are you doing here?!"

"I took the day off. I wanted to be with you and only you," Ace answered.

End of flashback

I sighed dejectedly. Ace then tightened his grip around me and started whining. I sighed again because this is the second time it happened today.

Earlier

"Alright, today's main objective is to stock up on supplies and ensure that every ship of ours is in good condition. The marines are catching up on us so we have to do this as quickly as possible. Got it?" I stated.

The crew looked at me, eyes round and mouths wide open, confusing me.

"What?" I asked.

Jozu slowly pointed to my waist and I looked down. There, tanned arms were hugging me. My Kami-sama, not again. I sighed and tried to force his hands to let go of my waist.

"Ace, I swear to Kami-sama, if you don't let go, I'll shake you off. How long has he been on me for?" I asked the crew.

"A-An hour... Marco-san." One of the crewmen replied.

"I'm not gonna let go of Marco... He's mine..." Ace grumbled.

I sighed and told them not to worry about this and dismissed them to their tasks. After they left, I walked to my room, dragging Ace with me.

Now

I sighed, feeling more discomfort as Ace just kept tightening his hug. I stopped my paperwork and dragged Ace to my bed before forcing him off me and laying him on my bed. I then laid next to him and cuddled him, his back facing me.

"You know... I'm not going anywhere. You really are something, yoi." I commented.

Ace turned to me and cuddled back, burying his face in my chest and sighing.

"Sorry. I just wanted to be with you. You've been busy lately and I was bored eating meals alone and being alone most of the time." He reasoned.

"Well, you're not the only one who feels alone a lot. I feel alone too, not being able to find time to be with you. I wish someone could help me with my duties but everyone's occupied, yoi." I said.

He chuckled and snuggled under my blouse.

"Well, I guess this is enough." He said.

"Is that so? Then, I'm glad." I said as I hugged him and drifted to sleep.

The next day

"Oh my Kami-sama, I apologise for slacking off. I'm sorry!" I apologised.

"No, no, Marco. We are the ones who should be apologising. We realised you and Ace didn't have quality time together so yesterday, while you two cuddled, we helped out with your duties and you don't have to worry for today either." Izou said.

I gasped in surprise. Everyone... they...

"Everyone..." I called.

"Thank you!" I thanked them.

They grinned and gave a thumbs up.

"No problem!" They told me.

For the whole day, everyone helped me do my duties while I spent time with my Ace.

[End]