Chapter One: Miss Stone

~Louisa POV~

I was never outgoing. Never anxious, never bold, never that girl. I was petite in size, no one sat with me at the lunch table back in college, I sat with the teachers to eat. I was the goodie two shoes, I was an extravagant student. How did I end up in here with broken ribs, bruised thighs and an unconscious body laying in a hospital bed.

I'm aware of everything going on around me yet light cannot seem to intercept through my eye lids as they shut tightly. For the first time in my life I was anxious to do anything, anxious to speak, to move but I couldn't.

My soul capsulated in my body, I was better off dead because I felt completely useless.
The antiseptic, bitter with undertones of artificial fragrance contained in soaps and cleaners filled the air.
The metallic smell of blood everywhere was causing me agony to my already tormented soul. I needed to get out of here, I needed to get up, I needed to move and so I did.

I opened my eyes and I scanned the room. I looked up and there was a light shining a bit too bright in my eyes. I tried to turn my head and I succeed in the slightest as I saw the IV bags hooked onto my arm.
This wasn't a pleasing setting at all. I started groaning as a new pain was discovered in my chest.
I started groaning even more to get someone's attention.

"It's good to see you're awake Miss Stone." I heard a deep voice I turned to see a handsome doctor wearing glasses.
He was holding my file in his hand and he smiled gently at me. I groaned some more I was too tired to speak. He checked the machines then looked back at me.

"As soon as you're okay, you're going to tell me exactly what happened, okay?" He said assuring me that I was in safe hands.
But how could I tell him?
How do you tell a person that the person who did this started off as the sweetest person you could have ever met and turned out to be a monster.
I looked at him and I smiled meekly before watching him walk away to get more medical appliances.

He returned and he checked my temperature and helped me sit up.
"Do you have any relatives that I can contact?" He asked and I shook my head as my parents lived in Cuba and my brother wasn't going to be of no help.
"Any boyfriend, husband?" He said looking up at me for that question.

"No." I tried to speak especially for that question, because I was happy to be alone.
"Great." I heard him say under his breath.
I titled my head and he smiled at me.

"So do you mind telling me what happened?" He said and I bit down on my jaw.
"I do mind." I told him and his smile quickly turned into a frown.

"Why-why do you mind Miss Stone?"

"Because...I can't remember...I don't know." I said my body shaking thinking about the mere fact that if I had said anything that he'd come after me.
"Okay Miss Stone, I believe you." He said before making a note of my memory lost.

"Okay that is all...you're free to be discharged...here's my card, you can call me if you need to talk." He said getting up from his stool.

"But...I don't need to talk...I can't talk, I don't remember anything." I told him and he looked back and smiled at me.

"I know, I just want to have a date with a pretty girl which I'm sure has a pretty soul." He said before winking and walking off.

"Which I'm sure has a pretty soul." I said mimicking him.

"Did you say something?"

"Thank you Doc, for all your help." I said faking a smile.
I got dressed in some clean clothes that was left there for me. It was a plain dress but it was better than my discolored shirt that was tainted with my blood and dirt.