Fate

After what feels like forever the dinner's finally over followed by a few dances and speeches, presentations, the boring sfuff if you want me to label it. Now Mr. Preston is back infront of us with his mystery daughter beside him.

"Tonight has been an incredible night, I hope all of you will agree"

"Marie, the floor's all yours"

She reach out for the mic with shaking hands, I can see it coz I'm here sitting infront of her with no popping heads or slouching backs, its just me and her, no bounderies. And the time has finally arrived to have all the answers to my suspicions the whole night. I don't know what I'll feel if ever I'm right but I guess it'll be more disappointing if I'm wrong.

A couple of times she tries to talk but holds back and look at her dad. Even in my distance I can see those eyes hiding behind that mask, I know I won't be able to forget who own those but I just wanted confirmation.

"Hi" she finally said. That voice alone is enough confirmation, coz I've been listening to her voicemails like its an everyday obligation.

"Uhmm, good evening. I've been practicing what to say when this moment happen for like forever but now that I'm finally here I'm lost for words. Well, I'll try,please bear with me. My dad here thinks that this will help me be at ease with all the changes that the past year has brought. I was just a simple girl living in a not so simple life before. I didn't imagine or never even in my dreams it occured to me that I'll be here standing infront of you guys inside this massive structure. Everyday that I wake up still feels like I'm inside a dream, if you suggest I go and pinch myself well I've done that alot"

She looks up, breathe deeply and when she looks back her eyes were lock to mine.

"I was in a situation where running is the only option, it was my idea why we wear this silly mask coz I'm afraid you'll get scared when you see what lies behind mine. Before I reveal myself I would like to share you guys a story. I promise it'll be quick."

"Like in a movie scene a girl named Megan Marie found something, something even all this riches would be nothing compared to. She found love. She was loved inspite of the darkness that surrounded her, somebody freed her from the cage she was captivated. A superhero came to her rescue. He doesn't have the strength like Superman, the amazingness of Spiderman or even the hot abs of Captain America but he was everything Megan could ask for. They lived happily after she was saved, and for awhile they pretended that they never have to end it but life has its way and it changed everything"

"Megan was again caught, this time bringing her superhero the same twisted fate. She knows he's hurting, she knows that unlike her, he is new to pain, to hopelessness but still he holds on. Coz he promised and he always keeps his promise but darkness overpowered him and the superhero needs to do what he thinks is best, that is to leave. Yes, he left Megan but she understands and she's glad he did it coz it didn't just save him but when he left he took Megan's heart with him. Her body remained, fought against the darkness which I think is better coz her body's numb but her heart is already weak threatening to break into pieces but since Mr. Superhero took it, he was able to heal not just himself but Megan's heart with him. Now that she sees him getting better she knows that her heart's been taken care of. Megan defeated the darkness and is now ready to face the world and she's here infront of everyone to ask her Superhero if she can have her heart back"

She untied the strings that hold her mask and finally unveils herself. The mask hits the floor and the face of the only person I've been longing for appears right here, asking me if I can give her heart to her. I didn't realize I'm now on my feet walking step by step closer to her. When I was a step closer, I get rid of my mask and let it join hers on the floor. Without masks on, our eyes met. For what feels like years I've long to see her face and I can die and be happy even if my soul goes to hell knowing she's the last person I laid my eyes on.

"Can I have it back Naill?" Megan asks.

"Why did you do this? You were the reason why Mr. Preston never gave up on us. Why Megan? I left, leaving you broken"

"I know why you did that"

"But I don't understand why you're doing this"

"To show you that even superheroes needs to be saved too."

THE END