Darkside

I was awaken by the noise coming from the bathroom. I slept on the couch when the boys left a little after dinner. Its dark in the living room so Megan didn't notice that I'm here watching her. She's getting ready to go out, I look at my watch and find out its already half past eleven in the evening. What will she do outside this late? She went out dressed in all black with heavy makeup on. Here comes the gothic princess. When she went out I immediately grab a hoodie and secretly followed her.

A few blocks ahead she stops. A guy approached her, its Jake. Shit! I begin to feel a pang of jealousy and I can't just stand here and watch. I regret following her, I need to go.

"Jake please, I'm begging you I don't wanna do this anymore" Megan said through sobs making me stop.

"Are you kidding me? They're looking for you, I already gave you enough time off. Its time to work Meg"

"I can't Jake. Please just tell them I quit or tell them I'm dead"

"Fuck! What's wrong with you? You know we need this, we need the money for our plans" Jake said cupping Megan's face.

"No, I don't wanna do it"

"Are you seeing someone else? Fuck! Is this about that boyband?" he hissed causing me to clench my fist.

"What? No! I'm tired of living like this"

"C'mon baby we're almost there, after we get the money we'll leave. We'll go wherever you want. You like that right?"

"Yeah but I'm sure there's another way"

"Stop being a baby Meg. We already started"

"Jake if you love me you'll understand where I'm coming from. I can work part time if you want, I'll give you everything I'll earn"

"Hah! Part time? As what? Waitress? Meg we're earning bigtime, it'll save us time"

"Jake.."

"Okay.. okay.. I'll give you two more days to rest but we're not changing our plan. Mr. Biggs has been calling me alot of times already you don't want him mad, you know how he is"

Megan didn't answer him this time.

"I need money tomorrow"

"I'll see what I can do"

Jake left. Megan sits on the bench, she's crying. I don't understand what they were arguing about but one thing's clear, she's tired. She wants to get out of it.

I waited for her to come home. I don't know if she'll talk to me but I'll try. Maybe I can help. After a few minutes she arrived. Her eyes bloodshot, I stood up and reach for her, enveloping her in my arms. She tried to push me but I didn't let go.

"You can talk to me, I'll help you"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I saw you"

She looks at me curiously.

"You saw me?"

"Yes, with Jake" I said and she starts to cry. She didn't resist this time. We stand like that till Megan stop crying and I take her to sit in the couch.

"Its okay if you won't tell me"

"What did you hear?"

"Everything but don't worry.."

"Naill thank you for everything. I don't think I can stay here anymore"

"Why?"

"I don't want any complication. You and Nana have been very nice to me and I don't want you to be dragged into this, especially you"

"Megan I don't know what I'm feeling but what's clear to me is I don't want you out of my life"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know but please don't leave. I'll help you"

"You don't know what you're getting into Niall"

"I know but.."

"Thank you" she said hugging me.