Confession

"Good morning Miss Collins" Mr. Preston greeted when I arrived in his office. I don't know what made me agree to say yes to meet him today. He called me last night and I know this meeting is about what happened to Stacy and I, its not my fault but before anything else I have to clear things up to him especially now that I know Stacy's a little crazy.

"I'm sorry for inviting you in such a short notice. I just want to talk to you about important matter"

"Is this about what happen yesterday?"

"Yeah could be"

"I'm sorry Mr. Preston. I don't know what Stacy told you but I still would like to apologize for having you bothered between our issues"

"You're a good child Meg"

"Thank you sir"

"I know my niece is a little over the top sometimes but I'm the only family she has left. I want to provide her with all the best I can give. I love my niece Meg but I love my daughter more"

"They're lucky to have you. I wish your daughter could help Stacy with her emotions. She has to control it"

Mr.Preston is a nice guy and I envy Stacy for having him. She lost her parents but her uncle is there atleast unlike me, my dad left, my mom died and the only person who cared was taken by a stupid disease. Maybe if things weren't how it was, I'm in a better place. Happier, especially now that I have Naill.

"I'm sorry Meg"

"For what?"

"For leaving"

"I don't get it"

"You were three when I left, I was selfish, foolish for leaving Marie. I love her so much but my ambition overpowered me. I thought money can make me happy but I was wrong"

"What do you mean?"

I came here for Stacy, I didn't expect things to turn like this.

"I'm your father Meg"

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I'm not. Your mother is Marie Stephanie Collins, she has the brightest blue eyes in the world just like yours. A sweet loving lady with a wonderful voice. Her mom, your grandma always wants her to sing everyday to help her sleep. I met her in Ireland, I was in a vacation when I saw her in the diner. She works there as a waitress and I fell inlove. The first time I laid eyes on her I was swoon. We dated...."

"Stop! Please just stop. I don't want to hear any of this"

"Megan, I want to straighten things up. This conflict between you and Stacy is making me worried. I love you b.."

"You love me? Did you just say you love me? Are you fucking kidding me? You left me, left my mom which killed her. You don't know what I've been through, you have no idea what I did to support myself and granny. You're not there, you are not my father. My dad's dead"

"I'm sorry Meg, I'm sorry if I left but I'm here now"

"Too late"

I left, I don't want to hear any of this bullshit. My dad's dead, he is so fucking dead end of story.

Naill's waiting for me in the living room when I arrived home. I don't know if I'll be able to tell him what happened but I need him.

"Hey baby"

I can't utter the words, I just crush myself in his arms. I'm crying more than I have cried my whole life. Remember when I said tears and laugthers are in a cycle, this time tears takes its turn. My life is a freakin' joke and now its throwing me the punchline. I wanted to laugh but the joke's not funny, its painful.

"What's wrong baby? Are you okay?"

"Can you just hold me Naill? I don't want to talk about it yet"

And he did. We sat on the couch, my head resting on his chest while he caress my back. He didn't say anything to comfort me but his touch is everything I need.