~29~

"These hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for" Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

TW: Mentions of suicide, suicidal actions (If you have suicidal thoughts or actions, please contact your local suicide helpline.)

Emlyn POV:

Not finding Draco at Hogsmeade scared me. I knew how much he loved it there. Harry and I walked back into the castle, there was nobody in the halls. Most of the younger students were in their common rooms or in the library. 

Harry and I wondered the hallwas, checked common rooms and empty classrooms. Nothing. Then Harry pulled something out of his back pocket. The map we used to get to the room of requirement. "If he is in Hogwarts, we can find him on the map. Unless he is in the room of requirement." Harry said. 

The he opened the map. I started fervently searching for his name on the map. I pointed it out in the abandoned girls bathroom. I pulled Harry along with me to help find him. When we reached the bathroom, I burst in.  I had told Harry to stay outside the door to make sure nobody comes in. 

"Draco! I am so glad I found yo-" I stopped as I saw him crying on the floor, surrounded in blood. He was scratching at the arm his dark mark was on. It was bleeding all over him. "Draco! What happened?" I asked him.

"There's no point. He is gone, the dark lord is gone. Father is gone, I got news mother fled. There is no point to the mark, hence no point to me." He said. "No, Draco. There is a point to you. Draco, I love you. Please." I started to cry. "No, there isn't. Emlyn, listen to me. You are better without me. You have Harry now. He will take care of you." Draco tried to reason with me. 

"No Draco. I need you. Please." I sobbed. He kept scratching at the wound. "I will see you again, Emlyn." Draco said. He doubled over. "NO! NO! DRACO! HARRY!" I screamed. Harry burst in, he saw Draco covered in blood. "Get help. NOW!" I screamed before he could say anything. He ran out of the door, looking for the nearest professor. 

I grabbed Draco in my arms. I didn't care about anything. I took off my cardigan and wrapped it tightly over his bleeding wound. To just try and save him. His breathing was slow. Then Harry and Professor McGonagall burst in. I was covered in his blood, trying to help him, hold him. I was crying on the floor. 

Professor McGonagall said nothing and used a spell to transport Draco and herself to the hospital wing. I knew Harry had gotten some directions from her because he took my hand and lead me back to my dorm. He turned on the shower and laid out clean clothes for me. He didn't say a word, which was honestly just what I needed. 

I got out of the shower and Harry was sitting in an armchair near my bed. "Come here." He said. I went over to him and he embraced me. I cried into his arms. "It is all my fault. I chose for him to get the mark." I said. "Yes, but you also saved Hermione's life." Harry replied. 

"I want to see him." I told Harry. "McGonagall will come and get us when he is ready to be seen." Harry said, holding me tighter. There was a knock on the door. It was Blaise and Ginny. "Now isn't the best time guys." Harry said. "We had just heard about Draco. Emlyn, we are so sorry." Blaise said. I cried more into Harry's arms. 

"We will be here for you throughout this alright." Ginny said. "Ok." I said with tears. They both came and hugged me. "Tell me something to make me happy." I said. "Anything." I said. "Well, Blaise and I are going to go on a date." Ginny said. "Good." I breathed a sigh of relief. At least one thing was going well. 

"Have you seen Ron and Hermione?" I asked. "They were behind us coming back. They should be here shortly." Blaise said. "Thanks again guys." I said to them and then they left. Ron and Hermione came in shortly after, holding hands. They quickly realized and pulled apart from each other. 

"Oh Merlin, Emlyn, we are so sorry to hear about Draco."Hermione started. "Yeah, we are so sorry." Ron said. "Thanks guys." I said. "Fred and George ok?" I asked them. "We are fine." Fred said coming in the door. "We just heard about Draco. We are so sorry." George said. "Thank you both." I said. Harry was holding my hand. 

"Blaise and Ginny are going on a date." I said to them. Fred and George looked at each other in amazement. Fred handed George a sickle. Harry laughed. Then Hermione looked at Ron with an 'I told you so' face. Hermione rested her head on Ron's shoulder. 

"Ahem, lovebirds." George said. "Anything you two need to tell us?" George continued. "Fine. Ron and I have been dating for the past two months." Hermione said. All of our eyes lit up. "Gin knows." Hermione said. "Of course she does." Harry replied. We all let out a chuckle. 

"We will let you rest, Emlyn." Hermione said, she led the group out of the room. "At least our love lives are straightened out right?" I said to Harry. "Yes they are. And it was us that started it, quite proud actually." He said. "From the time I have gotten to know you, you have told me a lot about your parents, and I can say one thing confidently: Harry your James is showing." I said to him. 

He laughed and kissed me.