~13~

"She's got you mesmerized" Heather by Conan Gray

Harry POV:

Late that night, Hermione, Ron, Emlyn and I had a plan to go to the restricted section and look for the book. Two of us would go and the other two would wait, hidden in the library to see if someone came in. 

We all headed down under the invisibility cloak. We all barley fit, we were used to only three people under the cloak. We went down to the library. We had decided that Emlyn and I would go in the restricted section and Ron and Hermione would be on the lookout.

Once we arrived, Ron and Hermione stayed under the cloak and Emlyn and I tip-toed to the restricted section. We went at a time where nobody was patrolling there. 

Emlyn and I went to the section where the book would be. I started at the end of the row and she stated at the beginning. she tapped my shoulder when she found the book and then we ran back to Ron and Hermione. 

They put the cloak over us and we went back to the Gryffindor common room. We sat on the couch and surrounding chairs. Emlyn opened the book and we all read through it. 

We finally saw it the part about the baseline of dark magic. "It says here that the baseline of dark magic must be destroyed like the most evil counterpart. It is kept locked away at headquarters. Only those authorized can go in. And it seems to be a book or a file." Emlyn said. 

"Well this is a great place to start. We have to return it to the library, but I will take notes if one of you wants to return it." Hermione said. "I will." I volunteered. I grabbed the book and ran back down to the library under the invisibility cloak. I walked in and saw nobody. 

I walked quickly to the back and put the book back where we found it. I didn't want to get caught so. I quickly and quietly ran back upstairs to the common room. I almost ran into Snape, but he wasn't paying any attention to me. 

I got up to the common room and sighed. I was relieved to finally be back. The only person in the common room was Emlyn. 

"The others went to sleep, so I stayed up to give you a goodnight kiss." She said. "Well I am not opposed." I said and I pulled her in close. Her lips met mine, a soft goodnight kiss. "Goodnight Harry." She said. Her cheeks blushed. 

I smiled and went upstairs. Ron was passed out, asleep on his bed. The covers weren't even on him. I shook my head and put pajamas on. I then slipped into bed and turned my bedside lamp off. 

I thought of Emlyn as I drifted off to sleep.  

A/N: short chapter, but essential for the plot. :)