~14~

"And I would have stayed up with you all night had I known how to save a life" How to Save a Life by The Fray

Emlyn POV:

It was our fifth meeting with the order of the phoenix. That was the group that Harry started. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I walked to the room of requirement. Harry was checking some map to see where people were. 

We got into the room, it had mirrors all over the walls. Last time we worked on a disarming charm. Harry said we would perfect it today and try to conjure a Patronus. He knew we would need time to perfect that though. 

When everyone got there, we started. Working on the disarming charm. I was getting pretty good at disarming Ginny. When Harry called that part off. He told us what we would be working on today. 

When he mentioned the Patronus charm. People's mouths fell open and I could tell they were eager to get started. "Think of your happiest memory and let it fill you up. Then say 'Expecto Patronum' and you should make a Patronus.

I thought of a memory, my happiest. When I kissed Harry for the first time. I smile was on my face and I tried the spell. A small blue puff of air came out, but nothing much. "Good start Emlyn." Harry said. 

I tried once again and I got the same result. I focused and tried again. This time, a puff of air came out along with a swan. A beautiful swan Patronus. 

"Excellent Emlyn!" Harry said. Then an otter appeared from Hermione's wand and a jack Russel terrier from Ron's. More people's Patronus' came sooner or later and Harry was quite impressed.

We quite honestly thought we were on top of the world. Then I heard a mirror jiggle on the wall. We all stepped back, ready to fight whatever was on the other side. Another mirror jiggled. Harry grabbed my arm. Ron and Hermione gave each other nervous glances. I could see Fred and George step in front of Ginny, but she was stubborn and stepped back in front of them to get a good view. 

Then, right before our eyes, the wall came crashing down. On the other side stood my brother, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy Parkinson and Cho Chang. Obviously, with Umbridge right by their side. I had then realized, I hadn't seen Cho all day. She ratted us out. 

Harry glared at the people before us. I could tell he was about to take all the blame for this. "Harry!" I whispered harshly. He glared back at me, and before I could do anything else, Umbridge spoke. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? A gang of rule breakers, I suppose." She said. 

Draco's eyes met mine. "Emlyn?" He said confused. "Yes, Draco. Emlyn." I said. I rolled my eyes. "Cho what did you do?" Harry asked. "I was threatened. Harry please forgive me." She pleaded. "No, not after this." Harry declared. "All of you detention, great hall tomorrow. Now leave! But for Mr. Potter, Miss. Malfoy, Miss. Granger, and Mr. Weasley, my office." She said with a sly smile. 

"Cho, 20 points to Ravenclaw. The Slytherins here, 10 points for each of you. Now everyone but Cho come to my office, she has done enough explaining." We all walked with our heads down. All the way to her office. 

Once we got there, the Slytherins held us all back. Draco holding me, of course. "Mr. Potter, we will start with you." Umbridge said in a calm voice. Crabbe let go of Harry and he sat in a pink chair in front of Umbridge's desk. 

"Tell me Mr. Potter, why?" She asked. Harry scowled. "I felt-" He satered. "We all felt." I cut in. "Miss. Malfoy, do not speak out of turn." Umbridge said. I really did not want Harry to get all the blame for this. 

"Emlyn, it is alright. Let me explain this to Professor Umbridge." Harry said. I tried to escape Draco's grip, but he just held me tighter. "I felt the need to teach all students that wanted it, how to properly protect themselves from the dark magic that has been resurfacing." Harry said. "This is a lie Mr. Potter. Dark magic is not resurfacing. There was no need for this mayhem." Umbridge said. 

I was furious. I struggled in Draco's grip. He kept a firm grip on me. I looked over to Hermione, who was being held back by Pansy Parkinson. I knew she could escape from her grip and grab our wands that Umbridge stole from us. 

She knew what I meant. Umbridge had gone on to interrogate Harry further. Hermione nodded discreetly. She jolted in Pansy's grip, I could see the struggle in Pansy's face while trying to keep hold on Hermione. Hermione ripped her shoulder away and lunged forward towards the wands on Umbridge's desk. 

Hermione's hand grasped one of them and Umbridge's eyes lit in fury. This gave Harry time to grab his wand. I could tell Hermione had grabbed Ron's. Everyone was so caught up in the whole Hermione fiasco that we broke free from those who were holding us. Harry handed me my wand and handed Ron Hermione's. We faced our wands toward those who were holding us. 

Hermione struggled but got up. Umbridge seemed unphased by the revolt. "We are leaving without struggle or we practice all the spells we learned on some real dummies." I said. "Emlyn. You wouldn't." Draco hissed. "Oh yes I would." I said. "Distraction." Ron whispered. "Expecto Patronum!" I shouted and a swan flew out of the tip of my wand. 

Everyone's eyes were on it. The four of us slipped through the door, unnoticed.