~20~

"Oh girl, it's you that I lie with" As the World Caves in by Matt Maltese

Emlyn POV:

Friday morning, I woke up with a pit in my stomach. It was really just now that this hit me. I shook it off and got dressed. Harry was already down in the common room with the others when I came down. 

A mere few minutes later, my parents came in with Draco in tow. Draco seemed to have lost his confidence. I gave Harry a kiss. "What was that?" My father asked. "A kiss to my boyfriend, father." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Emlyn, you are marrying Matteo Riddle. Potter is not worth it." He spat. 

"I'm not getting any younger Lucius." My mother said. "Fair well." I said calmly and confidently. Harry definitely didn't look look calm, but I gave him a reassuring look before we apparated out of the Gryffindor common room. 

We were outside the gates at the manor. Draco looking like he was about to vomit, made his way next to me. We walked in to the greeting of house elves. Our shoes clicked on the marble floor. 

Stepping into the dining room was probably the most frightening thing I'd do all day. The place where Voldemort had gathered. Now, his son sat next at the other head of the table across from my father. 

Draco and I entered. Matteo got up and immediately greeted me as if we were already married. His touch was cold, the rings on his fingers didn't help with that either. He planted a kiss on my knuckles. Bellatrix was swooning over Draco. 

There were a few more death eaters. Matteo wanted to keep the practice of them up because he thought they were a great help to the wizarding world. Tea was placed in front of us. I had remembered something Hermione said about house elves and knew that ours were getting treated the worst. I nodded a thank you to the elf that handed me my tea. 

The tea immediately helped with the coldness problem, which I was not complaining about. "We shall get started with the meeting, Lucius." Matteo said. "Of course." Father replied. 

They talked about nonsense death eater bullshit for the first part of the meeting, something my mother and I didn't really have to pay attention to, since we never had to become one. However, Draco's fate was different. He listened intently, though I could tell he was not pleased with having to. I really did not know what was up with him.

Then the meeting traveled to the topic of Matteo and I. I had to participate in the conversation about heirs and being a house wife, like my mother. A pawn, basically. 

Once the meeting was ended. I ran up to my room, which was right next to Draco's. He looked like he was having an anxiety attack. I tried to stay calm, but all I could think about was Harry. I wouldn't be away from him long, yet I missed him. 

As I went through all my memories of Harry, a fist pounded against the wall in the other room. I ran over to Draco's room to see him. "Emlyn, get out." He said. "No Draco, no matter how much of an ass you are, you are still my brother and I love you." I said. "I have made a mistake. I really can't go through with this. I am being used." He said. 

"You just realized this?" I asked. "Apparently. I don't know. It doesn't feel right, it never felt right." He said, emotionless. "It never did." I responded. I put my hand on his shoulder. "It will be okay." I said to Draco. 

"How do you do it Emlyn? How do you manage this?" He asked. "I never did. I let it all brush by me." I said. "You have to learn not to give a shit." I said. "I am gonna be ruined. Forever." He said quietly. "No you are not. I love you Draco. Listen to me." I said. I gave my brother a hug.