~7~

"I broke all my bones the day I found you" Line Without a Hook by Ricky Montgomery

Emlyn Malfoy POV:

It was a few weeks later, we still hadn't gotten into the restricted section of the library because there was always someone patrolling for Umbridge. She was still a pain in the ass, but that didn't bother me as much as it did Harry. He had already gotten multiple detentions most of them for no reason, well all of them for no reason. He too had gotten the same quill treatment I did. I wondered how many other students had too.  

One night we were sitting in the common room, chatting. "I am so over my family. They keep yelling at me about Matteo!" I was complaining to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "I know how you feel. My aunt and uncle were complaining about me all the time. But never to marry someone." Harry said. Ron and Hermione sighed. "Maybe you should just leave." Ron blurted out. "What? Ronald that is a bad idea. Right now they are some of the most powerful dark wizards. They would find her in an instant." Hermione stated. "That isn't a terrible idea. I mean if they want me so badly they just have to come and find me." I said. "Harry, are you staying for Christmas holidays this year?" I asked. "As always." Harry replied. "Then it's settled. I'll stay with Harry, here, over the holidays. Is that alright?" I asked. "Of course!" Harry replied with a smile.

The next day was the day we went to Hogsmeade. I was quite excited to go. That morning, Harry walked up to me and said, "Would you like to get a butterbeer with me today at Hogsmeade? I mean I understand if you don't, but I would love it if..." I cut him off. "Of course." He smiled and looked back at a nervous Ron and Hermione in the corner. I chuckled. 

Harry and I walked to Hogsmeade together. He couldn't stop staring at me. We got to the Three Broomsticks and Harry got us drinks. He sat back down at the table and that is when we saw my brother Draco. "Ugh. Here comes the devil." I say to Harry. "Don't worry." Harry said. When Draco looked over, he saw me and Harry sitting together. I could tell he was pissed. "Ok. Just go with the flow and take my lead." I said to Harry. 

"What did I tell you, Emlyn." Draco hissed. "I know what you told me and I chose not to listen." I replied. Harry tried to hold in a laugh. "Ya know what? I'm gonna tell father." Draco said. "You would never. Plus he never listens to you anyway. He never listens to either of us. He is stuck in Azkaban, so your little letters may not even make it in. Better chance with Matteo anyway." I said. Draco snarled and started to lunge at me. Harry grabbed me and sheltered my head with his body. I felt safe. 

"Oh look. Potter is trying to save my sister. I don't even know how she would let him touch her. The cHoSeN oNe." Draco said. "Lay off him!" I said instinctively. "You have a boyfriend, eh?" Draco laughed. I said nothing. I knew Harry wasn't my boyfriend, he was like my best friend. I just felt this butterfly sensation near him and I didn't yet know what it meant. I thought back to the night I cam from Umbridge's office. How he grabbed my wrist, the sparks I felt. How I blushed around him all the time and how easy it was to talk to him.  

Harry looked at me with soft eyes. I practically melted, I didn't show it. Then a wild realization hit me. "Not going to respond? I am truly disappointed Emlyn." Draco said and then he walked away. 

I let out a sigh and then Harry looked at me, like he was about to tell me something important. He looked around the room and spoke with a low voice. "Ron, Hermione and I were thinking. Since Umbridge is not the best of DADA teachers, we wondered if we should start a club that teaches DADA. What do you think?" He said. "I think that would be a great idea. who would teach?" I asked him. "Hermione wants me to teach. I agreed and sign ups are at the Hogs Head today. The other, less famous version of the Three Broomsticks. We thought you would like to join so we put you on the list. Is that alright?" He said. "Perfect!" I replied excitedly. "We meet tonight in the Room of Requirement. I can walk with you if you don't know where it is." Harry proposed the idea. 

I knew where it was but I still wanted to walk with him. "Sure, an escort would be great." I said. "Perfect!" He replied. Just like I had only a few minutes ago. We drank our butterbeer and then walked to the Hog's Head to meet Ron and Hermione. We asked how sign ups went and they told us they went on without a hitch. Harry was pleased. 

As we were walking back to the castle, I started to get chilly. I had a coat on, but it didn't seem to be doing the trick. I rubbed my arms like I was giving myself a big hug. Ron must have caught onto the fact I was cold and nudged Harry, who was standing next to me. Harry moved close to me and put his scarf around my neck. I blushed at his actions. When we got back to the castle, I gave Harry his scarf and sat near the fireplace the rest of the evening.