~3~

"Looking for answers in the pouring rain" Cigarette Daydream by Cage the Elephant

Emlyn Malfoy POV:

We ran to DADA. I knew the luck the school had with DADA professors. This professor seemed insane to me. She wore bright pink and had her brown hair in weird curls. She looked prissy. I sat the whole class thinking of Harry. We had all the same classes and he was a nice guy. I had never really found someone with the same interest in stars as me, but he seemed to share the fascination. I had also never had someone be that nice to me. 

The Professor; Dolores Umbrige called on me. I rolled my eyes and attempted to answer the question. I hadn't been listening all class. I looked at the question and looked at my book. I answered with a spell and to my surprise, I got the question right. I had also forgotten that this class was with my brother and the other Slytherins. I knew he would go ballistic seeing me sitting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

After class, I was on my way to charms. The Gryffindors and Slytherins had that class together too. I was walking with Harry behind Ron and Hermione when I felt a cold hand on mine. It was Draco and his friends. He looked furious. "What do you think you are doing with these-these pricks?" He asked. "I can hang out with who I want asshole." I said. "Meet me in the Slytherin common room tonight." He said. "I need to tell you something." 

Harry had inched close to me as Draco was talking. He was acting like he wanted to protect me. "Draco! I am not coming to your common room. Tell me here." I yelled. "In front of Potter?" He said. "Yes." Harry chimed in. Ron and Hermione had turned back and stood next to us. "Fine. You won't be happy though. They are ruining our name. Father won't be impressed." Draco said. "No." I said. I turned on my heels and walked away. Draco yelled back, "You are such a disgrace!" 

I usually didn't care that my family insulted me. I just swept it under the rug. But the thought of being forced to leave the new friends I made just pushed me over my tipping point. I grabbed hold of Harry's arm instinctively and buried my face into it and cried. I really don't know what got into me. I felt something. I just don't know what it was.

"It is ok Emlyn, he is an ass." Harry said. I looked down and saw that I had grabbed hold of his robes. I quickly pulled away and adjusted mine. "Thanks Harry." I said through sniffles. "I mean, I would want to ruin the Malfoy name. Seems they've gotten enough attention over the years." Ron replied. "True." I said. "Yeah, don't let them get you down. You are amazing Emlyn." Hermione said. "Thanks guys." I replied. 

We headed off to charms. When we got in the classroom, I went to sit with Hermione. Draco glared at me and rolled his eyes. I just plopped my stuff down and sat next to Hermione anyway. I fixed my posture and took out my charms book. I refused to think of Draco the rest of the day.